Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ODI problems  (Read 3116 times)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 22:46:08 »

ive said he easily could be, but to be honest, i think blackwells bowling this one day series should automatically make him play in the first odi in india.
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 22:54:29 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
its not that we haven't got a good ODI side (see performances against Aus) it's just that we're very reliant on a core of players and if we they are injured we severely miss them

i still expect us to do well at the world cup

as for our side:

1 M Trescothick
2 A Strauss
3 M Vaughan
4 I Bell
5 K Pietersen
6 A Flintoff
7 P Collingwood
8 G Jones
9 A Giles
10 S Jones
11 S Harmison

Super sub: Anderson or Blackwell

I'd prefer to have Anderson or Blackwell (dependent on pitch) in the side but at the minute I can't decide which one of the top 7 doesn't deserve inclusion

In other words, continuity between the test and ODI sides.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 23:22:41 »

Quote from: "Johno"
ive said he easily could be, but to be honest, i think blackwells bowling this one day series should automatically make him play in the first odi in india.
why? what blackwell has done in this series is what giles has been doing for 4 years. if blackwell plays in india it will be alongside giles rather than instead of him
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 23:36:22 »

very true. would england use two spinners though? they rarely do....Indias pitches though obviously favour spin, so its very likely.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2006, 16:42:37 »

Hurray,i've just realised that we are now sixth in the Icc ODI league  Cheesy  Due to Sri Lanka not being able to beat New Zealand in their series,although the Sri Lankans could draw Sad but a series clean sweep by the New Zealand boys would leave Sri Lanka on 103 points,we have 108  .Anyway at this moment in time we won't have to qualify for the Champions trophy  :grin:

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2006, 16:43:52 »

:| that is great. all is saved!
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2006, 16:52:29 »

It is a very slight light i admit,but heck its something Smiley
I really shoudn't be that excited about it i guess.I'm strangely obsessed about us not having to qualify for the Champions Trophy,can't explain why Oops

And fate has just
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2006, 18:43:39 »

Soapy Tit Wank i guess its a certainty we will be playing!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2006, 20:56:21 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Hurray,i've just realised that we are now sixth in the Icc ODI league  Cheesy  Due to Sri Lanka not being able to beat New Zealand in their series,although the Sri Lankans could draw Sad but a series clean sweep by the New Zealand boys would leave Sri Lanka on 103 points,we have 108  .Anyway at this moment in time we won't have to qualify for the Champions trophy  :grin:

i didnt even know we had to qualify for that. i thought the test playing nations all went through automattically and left it to the minnows like scotland to get the last 2 places
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 08:11:43 »

i didnt even know we had to qualify for that.

There is a ODI league table and if we occupy seventh position in it during mid April some time,we will have to qualify.The trouble being that we only have a couple of odi games against India coming up before that date,so we haven't much opportunity to make sure we do it ourselves.So come on New Zealand Smiley

And fate has just
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: