Poll
Question: play offs?  (Voting closed: Monday, January 17, 2005, 13:28:19)
Yes we'll make 'em - 5 (17.9%)
Not on your life - 11 (39.3%)
not sure - 12 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you think we can reach the play offs?  (Read 5471 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 13:28:19 »

i think if our defence can concentrate and everybody puts in the effort we will. Problem is we've had injuries but i think we have the talent it's just the commitment that's lacking.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 13:29:26 »

We can, not sure if we will though
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 13:34:30 »

Not a chance, we are the 2004-5 version of the 2003/04 Sheffield Wednesday, under achievers of the high order.

We can't string 3 results together, mid table certainties.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 13:52:54 »

we will neva make the play offs! yes there has been injuries but thats no exuse! we've got players like andy nicholas and grant smith and jamie slabber all struggling 2 find a regular first team place and i think if king actually put them on the pitch and not the bench we would be there or there abouts at the end. if not then its mid table 4 us
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 15:39:12 »

nah, too inconsistent. like Jannnage said, biggest inder achievers so far
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 15:43:26 »

Quote from: "Johno"
nah, too inconsistent. like Jannnage said, biggest inder achievers so far

ladies and gentlemen i give you barnsley

officially blacker than the night.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 15:43:31 »

That's what makes it all so frustrating, knowing that we do have to players to get us out of this league but seeing week after week the results not coming our way.  Football sucks sometimes!!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:04:38 »

Quote from: "Rich"
we will neva make the play offs! yes there has been injuries but thats no exuse! we've got players like andy nicholas and grant smith and jamie slabber all struggling 2 find a regular first team place and i think if king actually put them on the pitch and not the bench we would be there or there abouts at the end. if not then its mid table 4 us

How can you say that when Slabber has been here a few weeks, Nicholas has shown nothing like the form he was in last season and Smith's just not good enough.

I think we have a very small chance of making the playoffs, but it would require an excellent run of results.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:11:33 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

How can you say that when Slabber has been here a few weeks, Nicholas has shown nothing like the form he was in last season and Smith's just not good enough.

I think we have a very small chance of making the playoffs, but it would require an excellent run of results.

Harsh - he's not been picked.  3 games in a week too soon after coming back from injury, at Kings behest and he's not featured since really.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:18:10 »

Well, the games I've seen him play where he's been given a chance - LDV, FA Cup against Sheff Wed and a couple of others - he's a shadow of his former self, whether part of it's confidence, injury, or whatever I don't know.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, because he is and he's almost certainly a better left back than Duke but still, it's an absurd statement to make.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:29:22 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Well, the games I've seen him play where he's been given a chance - LDV, FA Cup against Sheff Wed and a couple of others - he's a shadow of his former self, whether part of it's confidence, injury, or whatever I don't know.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, because he is and he's almost certainly a better left back than Duke but still, it's an absurd statement to make.

Which bit is absurd?  

He's played in every LDV game so far and scored a cracker at Exeter - so watch out for him NOT being in the side at Southend.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:07:52 »

there's no point of paying for slabber's wages if we are not going to give the kid a chance. He might be as good as lee holmes
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:11:51 »

I want to hear someone comments who has said yes. Interesting.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:15:16 »

i said yes read first post
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:38:31 »

No, it's come too far. We've got a tough run in.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: