Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Devlin  (Read 17159 times)
my-velocity

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 15:09:15 »

Make a forum entitled "Ask Devlin" contact him and see if he would do it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 15:29:08 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"

We'd be better off having a forum called "Ask Derek".....the cockney Mr D is merely the mouthpiece for the Aegean Mr D.

What sort of questions are people going to ask...Mark does Iffy use head polish, if so what is the make?

Sorry but its a crap idea for this site....but as suggested before put it to a vote.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 16:58:42 »

Quote from: "arriba"
swindon £23 or £21 match day.

Home fans can sit in the town end, that doesnt cost £23 and it is never full

simple question are our prices value for money?

Well I thought todays game was good, how about you? or did you refuse to go because our ticket prices were so high?

If you think our ticket prices are so high then dont buy on the day, get a season ticket at the start of the season it works out (for mine anyway) £16 a game, which is cheaper than all but two of the away grounds I've been to this season. Doncaster and Brentford (both open terrace)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 17:21:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

We'd be better off having a forum called "Ask Derek"

aha! you were at the trust meeting!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 19:33:11 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Well I thought todays game was good, how about you? or did you refuse to go because our ticket prices were so high?

If you think our ticket prices are so high then dont buy on the day, get a season ticket at the start of the season it works out (for mine anyway) £16 a game, which is cheaper than all but two of the away grounds I've been to this season. Doncaster and Brentford (both open terrace)

i dont refuse to go to games because of prices,but many do.i had a season ticket last season but didn't renew,£16 per game bought upfront is not great value in my opinion.
i still go to most home games though.
also the prices you quote at away games are pay on the gate.
agree i could go in the town end but it then costs £9  for my lad to get in there.so no incentive what so ever.also the view is shit.
i still think that seats in the main stands are too expensive and it puts people off.
i also feel matchday prices should be the same as advance ones.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 19:38:14 »

i can't disagree with the last point. don't really understand the point in the advance/matchday tickets as you have to pay a booking fee on advance tickets anyway.

i was surprised to discover that we're not the only team in this division to charge £20+ though, the way people bang on about it makes it seem as if nobody's ever done it before.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 12:40:11 »

i dont refuse to go to games because of prices,but many do.i had a season ticket last season but didn't renew,£16 per game bought upfront is not great value in my opinion.
agree i could go in the town end but it then costs £9  for my lad to get in there.so no incentive what so ever.also the view is shit.
i still think that seats in the main stands are too expensive and it puts people off.

how much do you think we should charge?

Our prices are over the top, that much I agree with....but everyone bangs on about £23.

Pay on the day best seats are £23, pay before its £21 (which actually means we arent the most expensive in the league, Oldham charge more and I believe Forest do to) or as I said Town End for £15.

Also considering how much other teams charge, I think £16 for a game up front is good value for money as most teams charge more than this.

£16 for a seat in the Nationwide or £17 for a temp stand at Blackpool with no roof. The difference between stands is immense.

Our ticket prices arent that bad when compared to all the other teams. They are still over the top

The way people bang on youd think everyone else in the league charge about £10 and we shaft everyone with £23.

All ticket prices (bar open terraces) are expensive these days, we arent the only guilty party.

Yes its wrong and expensive, but thats the way football is all tickets are too expensive, as I said we dont even have the most expensive in the league. I paid more at Oldham (although the home fans pay less than the away fans!!)

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:09:48 »

how much do you think we should charge?

Our prices are over the top, that much I agree with....but everyone bangs on about £23.

Pay on the day best seats are £23, pay before its £21 (which actually means we arent the most expensive in the league, Oldham charge more and I believe Forest do to) or as I said Town End for £15.

Also considering how much other teams charge, I think £16 for a game up front is good value for money as most teams charge more than this.

£16 for a seat in the Nationwide or £17 for a temp stand at Blackpool with no roof. The difference between stands is immense.

Our ticket prices arent that bad when compared to all the other teams. They are still over the top

The way people bang on youd think everyone else in the league charge about £10 and we shaft everyone with £23.

All ticket prices (bar open terraces) are expensive these days, we arent the only guilty party.

Yes its wrong and expensive, but thats the way football is all tickets are too expensive, as I said we dont even have the most expensive in the league. I paid more at Oldham (although the home fans pay less than the away fans!!)

happy new year dv85,
here go's,
stfc's season tickets are i suspect are probably one of the most expensive in the league,matchday prices certainly are.
 you are comparing your season ticket price average against away matchday admission prices. away fans are regularly charged more at some grounds than home supporters,or pay the top price that home fans pay.compare to what home fans are charged.
the townend admission price is ok if your on your own,£9 for a child is in my opinion disgusting.

i feel a fair price is £18 in any part of the arkells or nationwide,with large discounts for family's needed,the current so called deals aint good enough,scrap the pay on the day rip off too.
people like me and you will continue to go to games,but others are leaving or have left and aint returning.
stay aways see top prices charged with little or no investment in the squad,so continue to stay away
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 21:19:12 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

We'd be better off having a forum called "Ask Derek".....the cockney Mr D is merely the mouthpiece for the Aegean Mr D.

What sort of questions are people going to ask...Mark does Iffy use head polish, if so what is the make?

Sorry but its a crap idea for this site....but as suggested before put it to a vote.

I hardly think it's a crap idea Reg, I'm going to go away and cry now Crying  Crying  Crying  Crying  Oops
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 21:42:14 »

Okay tickets are overpriced, but the club HAS to do this.
If the prices were reduced by £2, we would lose an extra £11,000+ per week!

Lets assume theres 3000 in the Nationwide. 2000 adults and 1000 kids
2000 in the Arkells (inc away fans) 1500 adults and 500 kids
800 in the Town end, 650 adults, 150 kids.

Okay this is going to be a bit dodgy because I made the numbers up BUT:
Ticket sales = £98,100 (based on £21 aduluts in Arkells and N'wide)

If the prices were:
Nationwide £18, £7
Arkells £18, £7
Town End £15, £7

The amount of people needed to make more money would be something like
Nationwide 2000 adults, 1000 kids
Arkells 2000 adults, 1000 kids
Town End: 1000 adults, 700 kids

Okay, so that is a total of 7700 to make about £2000 more. Not likely really is it?!!!

And yes I am very sad for doing all these sums but I really have nothing better to do with my time!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: