Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Devlin  (Read 17161 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:20:18 »

Quote from: "red macca"
but we are nice loons reg

loon pants.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:32:41 »

What do you mean 'it's too serious' Reg? The tag line reads '80% bollocks' not '100%'. I would have thought any direct line of communication between fans and management has to be a good thing.  I would have also thought this forum would be the ideal medium though which to do it.  You have less idiots on here than the Adver forum and those posts that do slip through from the J1mmy's of this world can soon be eliminated by the likes of myself.

It cannot be a bad thing surely. I wonder what Mr Devlin thinks?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:38:57 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
What do you mean 'it's too serious' Reg? The tag line reads '80% bollocks' not '100%'. I would have thought any direct line of communication between fans and management has to be a good thing.  I would have also thought this forum would be the ideal medium though which to do it.  You have less idiots on here than the Adver forum and those posts that do slip through from the J1mmy's of this world can soon be eliminated by the likes of myself.

It cannot be a bad thing surely. I wonder what Mr Devlin thinks?

Just my opinion of course, but 25% football is a small proportion, and as a registered member Mark D is free to make his contribution as he sees fit.

Think that granting him some sort of special status rather undermines  what this place is about.
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:44:22 »

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Reg, is your avatar talking to you?

Mark Devlin is a good bloke. But Imagine if he was on here talking bollocks with us lot? The Western Dailly Press would have a field day!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 14:10:55 »

it's a nice idea but we'd have to run it past the club and mark devlin first. however it might be a bit of a waste of time because it's unlikely he'll be able to answer many of the questions people want to know about.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 14:38:18 »

I sent an e mail to the club suggesting it a few months ago.Something along the lines of the ask SteveL bit on otib.They didnt reply but to be honest it might be a more of a curse as it would have to be heavily moderated and youd get nobheads from thisis asking stupid questions over and over again.

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 14:41:23 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I sent an e mail to the club suggesting it a few months ago.Something along the lines of the ask SteveL bit on otib.They didnt reply but to be honest it might be a more of a curse as it would have to be heavily moderated and youd get nobheads from thisis asking stupid questions over and over again.

But that otib thing is so heavily policed its a bit pointless.....its an official site so fair enough they can do what they want with it, but most of the questions get removed leaving anything that suits the party line.to be answered.....they then clos eit down at strategic times.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:21:02 »

devlin only answers the questions he wants and alot of the time doesn't give full answers anyway.waste of time.
the board do what they want most of the time ignoring what supporters have said .
STFC Village

« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:25:16 »

Quote from: "arriba"
devlin only answers the questions he wants and alot of the time doesn't give full answers anyway.waste of time.
the board do what they want most of the time ignoring what supporters have said .
So, you'd prefer it if he said nothing at all then? I think it's highly commendable of him to come on here and thisis, and try to give us answers. Can only be a good thing in building the relationship between club and fans.
red macca

« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:26:43 »

well if you ask him bollocks all the time he wont answer will he

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:28:53 »

Quote from: "red macca"
well if you ask him bollocks all the time he wont answer will he

explain please
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:34:53 »

The fact he takes an interest in the fans is more than most people do!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:38:19 »

just because he handles interviews quite well and is a confident speaker,doesn't mean he is doing a good job and listening to supporters.
many issues have been raised by fans that have been ignored or brushed aside.
an example of this is the disgusting prices we are charged to watch our team.
his job is in the interest of the board not the fans of the club,people should remember this
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:45:24 »

Which is why I don't think OST scheme however well meant is good idea....its axiomatic that the aims of the Board and the fans are inimical.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 17:50:47 »

just because he handles interviews quite well and is a confident speaker,doesn't mean he is doing a good job and listening to supporters.
many issues have been raised by fans that have been ignored or brushed aside.
an example of this is the disgusting prices we are charged to watch our team.
his job is in the interest of the board not the fans of the club,people should remember this

...but we just dropped our prices for a few home games this month?? How much better were the attendences?

We charge that much because we have to!! not because we want to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: