Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Devlin  (Read 17162 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 09:57:30 »

Just a little suggestion.  What about making a forum on here specifically for people wishing to communicate with Mr D?

For example, if anyone has any useful suggestions to the club or if you are a bit puzzled as to why the Club have made a particular decision or anything else you could possibly think of.

Mark seems to be very keen on having good lines of communication between club and fans.  We know he reads this and the Adver forum so it would make sense I would have thought.

Great idea or great idea?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 09:58:50 »

Good idea as long we don't get idiots posting rubbish etc.
red macca

« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 10:05:54 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Just a little suggestion.  What about making a forum on here specifically for people wishing to communicate with Mr D?

For example, if anyone has any useful suggestions to the club or if you are a bit puzzled as to why the Club have made a particular decision or anything else you could possibly think of.

Mark seems to be very keen on having good lines of communication between club and fans.  We know he reads this and the Adver forum so it would make sense I would have thought.

Great idea or great idea?
i said this abouta month ago and everyone said it would be bollocks :roll:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 10:26:41 »

Sounds a bit serious to me,....not what this site is about...might be OK somewhere else.
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 10:33:31 »

if it was on thisis though reg imagine the questions from lifetime red and the others on their
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 10:43:51 »

Quote from: "red macca"
if it was on thisis though reg imagine the questions from lifetime red and the others on their

Nothing wrong with LR....other than a bit of pessimism.

I guess my concern stems from involvement in the fanzine scene of the 80's when club officials (not just STFC) were generally seen as crooks, conmen or jobsworths.....who's main aim was to shaft the fan and if possible stifle all free speech and attempts at finding out what goes on at the club.

Of course its all changed now   :--
red macca

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 10:53:23 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Nothing wrong with LR....other than a bit of pessimism.

I guess my concern stems from involvement in the fanzine scene of the 80's when club officials (not just STFC) were generally seen as crooks, conmen or jobsworths.....who's main aim was to shaft the fan and if possible stifle all free speech and attempts at finding out goes on at the club.

Of course its all changed now   :--
Cheesy im sure it has .on the fanzine issue thats something else i suggested surely that could be a good idea raise a little bit of cash for the club?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 11:01:48 »

The whole point of the fanzine movement was for fans to have a chance to raise concerns about any aspect of the game and how they saw it......take a pop at the hierarchy of the club......and have a laugh at the players dodgy haircuts etc.

They were, at best, really comics not to be taken too seriously but could become a thorn in the side of a club's powers that be.....that role has now been taken by sites like this.

At the end of the day the cockney Mr D is not the man who calls the shots at STFC.
red macca

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 11:10:17 »

The whole point of the fanzine movement was for fans to have a chance to raise concerns about any aspect of the game and how they saw it......take a pop at the hierarchy of the club......and have a laugh at the players dodgy haircuts etc.

They were, at best, really comics not to be taken too seriously but could become a thorn in the side of a club's powers that be.....that role has now been taken by sites like this.

At the end of the day the cockney Mr D is not the man who calls the shots at STFC.
yeah true.could it be something the trust could do end of the day any money is good money for the club
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 11:48:44 »

yeah true.could it be something the trust could do end of the day any money is good money for the club

Go ask on the Trust site....I'd imagine a fanzine by them would be a barrell of laughs.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 11:50:38 »

at them i assume?
Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 11:52:44 »

I remmember one from more recent years. It had quite a graphic cartoon on the front of Steve McMahon, seemingly suffering from a spot of diarrheoa!

I think Macca sued them for that very issue.

Appealed to my schoolboy sense of humour at the time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:02:04 »

Quote from: "Johno"
at them i assume?

Don't get me wrong, the Trust boys and girls (are there any?) do a good job with  little thanks.....but the Trust is a serious organisation with a constitution and so on...it therefore naturally collects serious people not like the bunch of loons that inhabit this place,
red macca

« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:12:30 »

but we are nice loons reg
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 12:15:01 »

Derek is a member of the trust + the biggest loon in Swindon!

He isnt on the board yet, but will be when he comes back from America with a PC!!!

That will be fun reading
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: