Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quiet Ground  (Read 4718 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:32:55 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
but the ground feels so...soulless.

And that hurts because after last season, it's difficult to comprehend the change.

Probably been mentioned before, but I think the loss of Mooney hasn't helped. He would always get the crowd going, we don't have any players like that now. I'm not saying I want Mooney back, but that sort of character wouldn't go amiss.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:34:29 »

At least fallon gave us a wave  Cool
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:35:12 »

yeh, abit of a character hey.  :roll:
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:37:52 »

Away games are always good for atmosphere amongst the Town fans.

We travel in healthy numbers and we really get behind the lads.

It's a shame we can't bring it to the CG like we did last year.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:38:07 »

Yeh he really did get the crowd going....  Sad
tbh if the players spoke with their performances we wouldn't need a 'character'
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:38:56 »

true.

away games are the best dave, probably the reason why i enjoy them more than home games.
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:39:27 »

I dont know about the TE being the be all and end all. Bristol City LDV there were lads up the top of the north standing and chanting (and throwing golf balls, but never mind  Cheesy ) there were lads down the bottom right of the South standing and singing. Then the Swindon shirters at the top of the south gave it a go, but they are so under the thumb of the stewards its sickening. The steward whistles and they sit down. If anyone whistles at me I will go nuts, at work anywhere, Im not a dog.

The big problem is the 23 quid. The sides went dead when they went to 21 quid 3 years ago. Thats the clubs fault.

Dont be defeated. Because at the end of the day we are Swindon Town and we have some very passionate fans (unlike City hehe). It only takes a few commited lads to get together and give it a go. I mean the Town End was better back in 02 and it only had 300 fans in there, now theres over 1800 in there every game.

Dont let the bastards drag you down mate. Always be proud of STFC.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:43:26 »

Soapy Tit Wank  yeh i remember those days, i went in there one game and it was amazing in there. i also used to go near the top corenr of the south stand too, those were the days.
i think the town end lacks people wanting to start chants, i try, but sometimes no one joins in and it does make you look stupid  Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:44:19 »

I hate the way the NW enclosure has become very PC.

I get up and shout my mouth off and get filthy looks, it never used to be that way.

Ultimately though, success will breed atmosphere as people will hear that we are winning and 'come along to see it for themselves'

Otherwise... LOYAL SUPPORTERS
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:45:06 »

I was in top corner of south stand (near stratton bank) and it was so much shitter than it used to be. i still gave the old chanting a go though
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:46:23 »

i remember when i went in the arkells about 2 years ago and people told me to shut up.  Cheesy  was very funny, i was in the top corner with a few mates. great fun.  Soapy Tit Wank
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:47:55 »

Arkells can be zzzzzzzzz
Used to sit in the top corner of that too at some stage. Wasn't too bad but i think the quieter fans want to be left alone
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: