Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bittorrent  (Read 501 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 18:05:03 »

how do you do lots of uploads other than leaving the download box on for a bit?

i've got an abysmal ratio on uknova and need to improve it or they're going to stop my account. do torrent clients such as azureus help? or if i've got something downloaded could i click on the torrent for it and begin uploading....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 19:05:07 »

I thought bittorrent was peer to peer meaning a direct connection between users. So there is nowhere to 'upload' to, just on demand useage? Don't use it that much mind.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 19:51:49 »

Ok OF I think I can help. When your download has finished it begins to seed (i.e. just upload and not download). This is what you want. Now the problem is if you delete the task (delete the torrent that will allow you to upload/download). What you should do is next time you download a torrent, instead of deleting the task, keep it running. If you want to stop it from uploading temporarily then just click stop rather than deleting it. This way, you can keep the tasks going and thus increase your ratio.

An alternative method  is when you click 'download torrent' on the web page, instead of opening with the bittorrent program (e.g. BitComet, Azureus) click save as instead. Save the actual torrent somewhere you can find it. The download will not begin automatically, so you need to find the file and double click it to open it in your bittorrent program. This sounds a bit strange but it does mean you can go back later and open the torrent again. This is good because you can open old torrents you have 100% downloaded in the past and begin to upload them, as opposed to having them in your temp files folder which eventually get deleted.

I hope this all makes sense, it's a lot easier than I make it sound!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: