Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: world cup 2006  (Read 1803 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 03:19:26 »

so what do people really think? i reckon we'll make the semi's at best. this country always goes crazy before the world cup, thinking we're the best in the world etc. well, we're not and we always underperform in the competition. i reckon semis would be a good result. ronald mc donald will rape ferdinand + terry. no there's a mental picture!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 09:13:44 »

i think the semis will be pushing it looking at our run in after the groups if my predicitions.

obviously though, i predict glory in germany.  Smiley
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 10:18:23 »

With the squad we've got we should get to at least the quarters.

As long as we don't rely on Rooney as much as Euro 2004 that is. Look at Germany in 2002, they got to the final with a pretty weak team so we have a chance. Depends on draw/luck/injuries etc.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 10:47:54 »

we can win it
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 11:19:40 »

We need someone else to beat Brazil. I dont think we can beat Brazil. Sven will say 'thats the semi's  - im safe on 6 million a year for another 4 years'.

Sven = Wankstain.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 11:59:35 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
We need someone else to beat Brazil. I dont think we can beat Brazil. Sven will say 'thats the semi's  - im safe on 6 million a year for another 4 years'.

Sven = Wankstain.

Sven has got England to be 2nd ranked country in the world, over the course of his tenure....which is a significant achievement.

Recent  WC have shown with a bit of luck and a team in form at the right time even quite modest outfits can go a long way, and there's no reason given similar luck we can't like in 90, when we could have won it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 12:41:15 »

If we win it, I'll be incredibly surprised.

That said however, we have potential matchwinners and a backbone of the team in John Terry at the back, Lampard in midfield and Rooney up front. As Reg says, given some luck we have a good enough team to give anyone a game.

Oh and living in Scotland would give me enourmous pleasure if we won it! When we played the Argies in the last WC, I went to the boozer in town (Haymarket Bar), of course everyone was wearing an Argie top. When we won, I was so drunk I went out dancing in the street between cars! Amazed I never got hit, either by a car or by a Scotsman!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 12:44:42 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Sven = Wankstain.

Are you Ian Wright?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 12:44:55 »

second round at best  :-))(
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 24, 2005, 13:57:34 »

It depends if Sven has the balls to drop Gerrard,

I firmly believe you cant play Lampard and Gerrard together in the middle of the park, you need a holding player someone like Carrick in there with one of Lampard/Gerrard
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 25, 2005, 01:09:29 »

Im hoping for a Mexico Vs England final.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: