Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xmas points total  (Read 3649 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 13:53:52 »

Well i have a friend who goes to a fair few Swindon games   Cheesy  Cheesy .  Every time he watches Swindon we lose or draw.  The 1 time i went with him, we won.

I think hes not going to the boxing day game,  so if we win,  then i will have to persudade him not to go to any more Town games.

Sounds fair,   right Mace    Wink
Mace

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 13:57:27 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
Well i have a friend who goes to a fair few Swindon games   Cheesy  Cheesy .  Every time he watches Swindon we lose or draw.  The 1 time i went with him, we won.

I think hes not going to the boxing day game,  so if we win,  then i will have to persudade him not to go to any more Town games.

Sounds fair,   right Mace    Wink

Errrr......  :roll: I missed Forest and Yeovil while I was recovering from my op, so tragically thats very true! I can't remember when I last saw Town win other than City! Thats not good!

As for Boxing Day, I've promised the girlfriend but come the morning of a frantic dash up from Guildford isn't out of question!  Cheesy
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 13:59:12 »

5 points says the man from piemonte
Mace

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:03:11 »

Quote from: "nozza"
Quote from: "Mace"

We play better against the teams that are perceived to be better than us

That would be just about every team in the league then  Sad

After Blackpool that would seem right, so perhaps we've a better second half of the season to look forward too!  Beers
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:07:09 »

Errrr......  :roll: I missed Forest and Yeovil while I was recovering from my op, so tragically thats very true! I can't remember when I last saw Town win other than City! Thats not good!

Cheesy[/quote]

How about if i gave you the oppurtunity to start supporting Oxford or Bristol City.  If you have the same affect on them,   then everyone's a winner
Mace

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:09:30 »

Cheesy

How about if i gave you the oppurtunity to start supporting Oxford or Bristol City.  If you have the same affect on them,   then everyone's a winner[/quote]

Then you and Si Pi would have to find another chaffeur to the games!  Cool
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:11:42 »

Cheesy

How about if i gave you the oppurtunity to start supporting Oxford or Bristol City.  If you have the same affect on them,   then everyone's a winner

Then you and Si Pi would have to find another chaffeur to the games!  Cool[/quote]

On your way to Bristol, you could drop us of in Swindon   Cheesy  With you being a good mate and all      
Mace

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:15:30 »

Cheesy

On your way to Bristol, you could drop us of in Swindon   Cheesy  With you being a good mate and all      [/quote]

Hmmm..... I need a witty response!!  

:fu:

Though, if we win on Saturday though and I'm not there, I guess questions might be asked!  :roll:
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:18:08 »

Cheesy

On your way to Bristol, you could drop us of in Swindon   Cheesy  With you being a good mate and all      

Hmmm..... I need a witty response!!  

:fu:

Though, if we win on Saturday though and I'm not there, I guess questions might be asked!  :roll:[/quote]

Well i can't see us winning on Saturday,  but Monday is another matter completely      Cheesy  Tongue
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:18:18 »

26th Dec Colchester Home - I can't see us getting anything
28th Dec Chesterfied Away - Lucky to get a point let alone 3
31st Dec Swansea Home - Thrashed nil point
2nd Jan Hartlepool Away - Lucky again to get a point
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:18:38 »

I'd be happy with 1 more point than 4 of the 4 or 6 teams above us.  That way we will have continued to claw them back, and maybe pass 1 or 2.
land_of_bo

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 14:46:53 »

We will beat Swansea
Colchester will be a draw
Chesterfield and Hartlepool will beat us

4 points

Best get and do the predictions!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 16:25:01 »

I ve got a feeling we are going to witness a performance similar to when we beat Wigan a few seasons ago when they were bombing our division.So Im going for a narrow victory-only trouble is we've got no one as near as good as Dan Invincibile,who tore Wigan apart that day.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 22, 2005, 16:30:39 »

Didnt say we'd get 12, just id be happy if we did. I think all of us would.

Its just the way you casually said i'd be "happy with 12 points" Smiley Like its an almost reasonable thing to expect,whan it is in fact the understatement of the year Smiley .I'd give up booze at Christmas if it would mean we'd get 12 points.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 14:39:31 »

Ok with 4 games in 8 days,  its an important time to grab as many points as possible

So from the next 4 games, i was just wondering   (1) How many points you think Swindon will manage to get realistically      (2)  How many points you would be happy with

26th Dec     Colchester       Home
28th Dec     Chesterfied     Away
31st Dec     Swansea         Home
2nd Jan       Hartlepool       Away

From the 4 games, i think Swindon will probably get 5 points.  

I think we will beat Colchester at home,  because they will come to Swindon and attack and not just sit back.  This will enable Swindon to play more counter attacking football, and wont simply have to break teams down.

I think we will draw against Chesterfield,  followed by a draw at home to Swansea.   We will then probably lose to Hartlepool as its a bitch to travel to, and we always seem to lose there !

However i would be happy with 7 or more points from these 4 games.  With such a small squad, there will be chopping and changing, and injuries.   2 wins, and a draw from the next 4 would do us nicely.    12 points and i will be   Beers  Beers  Cheesy

Well so far so good in terms of my prediction    Cheesy

However, having watched the Colchester game, and listened to the Swansea and Chesterfield games on the radio, it seems we have improved in leaps and bounds.

The defence seems to be more solid these days, and we dont look like conceding every time a team goes forward.  However going forward we seem to be struggling,  but as long as we pick up points, im happy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: