Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City 2:0 Swindon  (Read 1105 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 23:01:11 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~758651,00.html

I suppose Iffy's checking his list once and checking it twice just like City's manager before their grand New Year's clearance sale.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 23:06:29 »

Since the latest reorganisation of reserve football a couple of years ago, there hardly seems to be any games, so giving returning from injury players and promising kids a run out has become restricted......which is why games like this get arranged.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 23:16:28 »

Reg,

As usual you're right.  Used to be good to go to reserve games and heckle Charlie George or whoever was back from injury or out of favor.  It used to be also good fun watching a bunch of old boys in the old Shrivenham Road stand giving David Moss and others career advice.  

I remembera Southampton player being truthfully told that his first team was losing 5:1 to Manchester United, the reaction in denial  was rather crude.  I saw quite a few internationals at the CG for a few bob.  It was interesting to see who was putting themselves about.

Owen Dawson could only make the reserves, how times have changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: