Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will King be sacked if we fail to reach the play-offs?  (Read 4546 times)
Anonymous

« on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:26:27 »

Well will he?

The board have gave King mega bucks, in Swindon money, to spend and he's failure to land them with their expectations could cost him his job. 150K on O'Hanlon, 50k on Fallon, 75k for Ifil etc.  I dont even think the LDV trophy, which we wont win, will not be enough to keep them quiet.  Also with King's contract running out at the end of the season it makes for good reading. King has a bunch of players here with many whom should be able to cope and the next level. King's public shaming of the players week in week out seems to have also lost him their respect and as for his choosing and changing of formation well....

Arise Alan Reeves i'm sure, not only as the cheap option, but the board will say his work with the Reserves will warrant the job. Anyway we all have to start somewhere and others like Colin Hendry have only got the job because of their name. Reeves has friend a plenty and i'm sure with a decent coaching staff he will do the job needed especially at this level where tactical genius is not the dish of the day. Altogether now "Alan Reeves Barmy Army!!!!!"
STFCDude

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:28:13 »

Quote from: "Reeves4manager"
Well will he?

The board have gave King mega bucks, in Swindon money, to spend and he's failure to land them with their expectations could cost him his job. 150K on O'Hanlon, 50k on Fallon, 75k for Ifil etc.  I dont even think the LDV trophy, which we wont win, will not be enough to keep them quiet.  Also with King's contract running out at the end of the season it makes for good reading. King has a bunch of players here with many whom should be able to cope and the next level. King's public shaming of the players week in week out seems to have also lost him their respect and as for his choosing and changing of formation well....

Arise Alan Reeves i'm sure, not only as the cheap option, but the board will say his work with the Reserves will warrant the job. Anyway we all have to start somewhere and others like Colin Hendry have only got the job because of their name. Reeves has friend a plenty and i'm sure with a decent coaching staff he will do the job needed especially at this level where tactical genius is not the dish of the day. Altogether now "Alan Reeves Barmy Army!!!!!"

O'Hanlon was on a free you dumb kraut
Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:29:36 »

Why cant you post a normal answer. O'Hanlon was not a free you fucking paki invested limey cunt. Everton dont go giving youth products away for nothing you cock.
STFCDude

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:32:46 »

Why cant you post a normal answer. O'Hanlon was not a free you fucking paki invested limey cunt. Everton dont go giving youth products away for nothing you cock.

Hmm, read this you mong:=

A former England youth international, O'Hanlon originally signed on a month's loan from Everton in January 2004, making his debut as a late substitute in a 2-1 win at Notts County, on 24th January 2004. After a further substitute appearance at Blackpool, his full debut came on 7th February, in a 4-2 win over Rushden and Diamonds.

O'Hanlon impressed during his loan spell, with manager Andy King extending it on expiry for a further month, then, when Everton made a £150,000 bid for the Town's England under-16 captain Leigh Mills, O'Hanlon was included as part of the deal. Swindon accepted the bid, but Mills rejected the move - but O'Hanlon publicly expressed his desire to move to the County Ground. Soon afterwards, King moved to sign him in a standalone deal - and he eventually signed on a free transfer, on transfer deadline day
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:35:01 »

J1mmy you pleb you seem to getting everything wrong tonight.Have you been at the White Lightning?

/
W56196272
STFCDude

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:38:25 »

Thought I'd also provide linkage to show what a true pleb you are J1mmy

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=2660
Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:38:28 »

It's bollocks we signed him for fucking cash it was in the Adver you cunts
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:41:51 »

It's bollocks we signed him for fucking cash it was in the Adver you cunts

Go find it then. You could spend all night doing it but you're wrong.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=OHANLONS

King's contract isn't up at the end of the season either, it's a rolling contract.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/3212092.stm
Sussex

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:51:29 »

2-0 Sonic.

A hatrick by midnight I reckon!
STFCDude

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:55:16 »

More useful info:-

Sean O'Hanlon is a very decent young player who has come up through the ranks of the Everton Youth Academy.  He made some headlines here a few years back by playing for the youth team while at school - doing an exam in the afternoon and then playing in an FA Youth Cup match a couple of hours later (he scored incidentally).
O'Hanlon has played for England as a schoolboy and youth team and recently received a cup on the pitch at Goodison for being the 'Young player of the Year'.   Basically a centre-half but can score goals when he goes up for corners etc...

In January 2003, he got traded temporarily to Falkirk in a deal between managerial mates (and ex-playing partners) Ian McCall ad David Moyes that saw the exciting Collin Samuel and Lee Miller visit Bellefield for a week of training with The Blues.

Sean was one of the reserves who won an extension to his professional contract in July 2003, giving him further opportunity to make the step up from the Reserves into the full Premiership squad.

However, that never happened, and it soon became clear that David Moyes didn't rate the lad, despite that fact that he has the size Moyes so craves in all his players.  So O'Hanlon was eventually farmed out initially on a month's loan to Swindon Town in January 2004.  That deal was extended for another month in February, and then converted to a permanent deal in March 2004, but rumours of a handy £150k changing hands were well wide of the mark: it was a free transfer.
Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 21:56:24 »

Thankyou STFC Dude from proving at least the information is there. And as for your yeovil red i will kick your dog
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 22:00:39 »

O'Hanlon was FREE!

Back to the point... I cant see us not making the play offs being grounds for King losing the job. The position we are in is due to consistnecy, which the manager has no real control over.

It has been said many times before, but its true. The minute the player steps over that white line...

Many of Kings substitutions are criticised, but they are usually due to injury. But then people will still complain.

Everybody has a different view on what formation we should play, and I think 4-4-2 today was a good choice. It would've been even better if Migs was able to play but I dont want him to get injured again either so King got that right too.
STFCDude

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 22:07:28 »

Thankyou STFC Dude from proving at least the information is there. And as for your yeovil red i will kick your dog

You are still a kraut loving henry munching goat though.  

:face
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 22:08:26 »

plus the fact the board supported him during the AGM at the end of the year when we were looking very average, i think hes still got another year before anything happens

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 22:10:06 »

Quote from: "STFCDude"

You are still a kraut loving henry munching goat though.  

:face

:evil:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: