Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: That football game thingy that happened today  (Read 2335 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:22:26 »

Considering the last time I saw us play was against Notts County on telly, I thought today was much improved in comparison after the dodgy start. Dunno how we've been playing lately but despite a somewhat makeshift and uncreative team we managed to play some good football and created enough chances for Sammy to score two and miss at least two sitters as well as Fallon very nearly scoring. I think this proves that 4-4-2 is the way to go though.

A few observations:

Garrard is great, he wants to play football and not hoof it up the park all day. I like that.

Jenkins is quite effective in midfield but when we're under the cosh he gets a bit lost.

Miglioranzi looked remarkably fit.

Howard passed the ball once in the time he was on the pitch.

Parkin should have scored four or five.

Fallon worked bloody hard.

I was extremely bored.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:31:54 »

1. He's there to defend, not 'play football' and he didn't do the former very well today

2. He's gone bad-good-bad in his three goes, so time will tell, but he looked lost for the first 45m

3. Yes he did but he's been running and swimming for 2 months

4. he's shit

5. Yep but he scored 2 and no-one else looked like scoring

6. Agreed
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:35:42 »

Fallon didn't look like scoring?
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:37:17 »

Not in the second half because we resorted to long ball. Maybe more so in the first 45.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:38:04 »

Right you are then...
Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 20:57:29 »

Dave shut up
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 11:17:04 »

fallon will score a hatful if we get it in the corners and whip in early crosses, like the reserves do.

whenever we get down the flanks we pass it around before getting it in the middle, and fallon is alot better when he's running onto things, because his runs are intelligent and looks fucking difficult to hold onto unless he has to stop.

officially blacker than the night.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 12:30:23 »

Yep, Fallon was so unlucky to have not scored with that first half header.  Anywhere else, it would have been in.  If you have a target man like Fallon, then you have to play in crosses - we don't.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 13:09:07 »

We put many crosses in at Hillsborough for the first 70 minutes. Then Fallon came on and we tried to play it throught the middle.

I dont know why but Swindon always seem to adapt to play the worst game possible under the circumstances!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 15:15:51 »

the game was weird and we didn't cope with their tactics to start with, but the ref is mainly to blame for y'day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: