Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings against Blackpool  (Read 4245 times)
DMR

« on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 18:51:39 »

Grease- some splendid saves but his kicking and calling were awful, kept us in it during the second half though- 7

Garrard- quiet, didn't get forward enough, totally out of position for the whole of the second half- 5

Heywood- poor distribution, decent in the air, always looked dodgy and at fault for goal one- 4

Reeves- another decent effort from the old boy, wound up Parker a treat, and looked more assured- 6

Duke- probably MOTM until he got hurt, worked hard defensively and made some very crunching, un-Duke tackles- 8

Igoe- very good first half, utter crap second, dwells to long on the ball and cannot cross- 5

Jenkins- not fit and a no-brainer of a performance really, didn't know where to go- 4

Smith- battled well but unforgiveable stupidity on the equaliser, lacks pace to play left back- 5

Holmes- shining light again for the most part the only one who wanted it late on but crosses are still not good enough- 7

Fallon- decent performance and top effort, won everything and even showed a hint of pace- 7

Parkin- the second goal was splendidly taken but missed 2 sitters, some lovely control and lay offs- 7

The ref- oh dear. Load him up onto the big white bus as soon as possible- 0
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:16:18 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Garrard- quiet, didn't get forward enough, totally out of position for the whole of the second half- 5

Igoe and Garrard got forward quite a lot and combined well, in case you didn't notice he's the one with dodgy hair playing at right back.

Heywood- poor distribution, decent in the air, always looked dodgy and at fault for goal one- 4

No, the ref was at fault for their first goal - should have been a freekick to us and Parker was a good couple of yards offside.

Jenkins- not fit and a no-brainer of a performance really, didn't know where to go- 4

Seriously, what do you expect him to do in midfield? Play through balls and distribute the ball like David Beckham? He won more tackles in midfield today than Robinson and Hewlett have done all season. Utterly committed.

Holmes- shining light again for the most part the only one who wanted it late on but crosses are still not good enough- 7

Didn't touch the ball in the first 20 minutes and was totally out of the game in the first half, improved the second but Blackpool kicked seven shades of shit out the lad, didn't do owt.

You ought to spend more time watching the game than tightening up that jean belt round your arm...
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:18:01 »

I think what you've written is a load of bollocks tbh

You're a self-righteous git sometimes, you don't know everything like you clearly think you do
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:22:54 »

Are you talking to yourself again?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:23:38 »

Just for the record I'd say my view of procedings, chimed more of an accord with the Youth's view as opposed to the Cannings' finest.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 19:55:16 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
[No, the ref was at fault for their first goal - should have been a freekick to us and Parker was a good couple of yards offside.

Sorry SY - I hate to contradict you but he wasn't offside.

What we needed was a defensively aware left back who would have been round covering lack of pace in the centre - if only we had had someone like that on the bench - oh well!  King knows best :?
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 20:05:23 »

Quote from: "jim"

Sorry SY - I hate to contradict you but he wasn't offside.

What we needed was a defensively aware left back who would have been round covering lack of pace in the centre - if only we had had someone like that on the bench - oh well!  King knows best :?

To be honest, I think Duke played really well today, made a couple of great tackles and got forward when he needed to. Nicho is a great player but there isnt a place for him in the side with Duke on such good form.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 20:38:21 »

I was directly in line with the defenders for their first goal and my first instinct was that he was quite clearly offside, however I'll wait until I see the goals until I confirm that.

Either way, how on earth it was a Blackpool free kick I don't know. The defender had Parkin in a bloody double suplex or whatever it's called!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 20:39:07 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

To be honest, I think Duke played really well today, made a couple of great tackles and got forward when he needed to. Nicho is a great player but there isnt a place for him in the side with Duke on such good form.

But Duke isnt a left back in his head and therefore doesnt do left back things naturally.  I am not for a moment saying that Duke isnt in the side on merit though - just not in that berth.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 20:42:39 »

There's no way Duke should still be at left back if Nicholas is fit and capable of playing but King just won't drop Duke ever again because he got booed off months ago.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 12:24:28 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I was directly in line with the defenders for their first goal and my first instinct was that he was quite clearly offside, however I'll wait until I see the goals until I confirm that.

Either way, how on earth it was a Blackpool free kick I don't know. The defender had Parkin in a bloody double suplex or whatever it's called!

I was pretty much in line with in in the Nationwide too - and I shouted 'offside' the moment the ball was played ... I'm very sure he was a good two, maybe three, yards off side.

But, I do agree with Sonic that it was never a Blackpool free kick in the first place. The 'pool defender had his arm around Parkin's neck, for God's sake.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 12:25:22 »

rhys  made some great stops and cant be blamed for either goal.

garrad was confident going forward but has a lack of positioning skills when defending, this will come with experience remember he is very young.

heywood strong in the air however, at fault for the first goal as was definately ball watching, wether it was/wasnt a foul on parkin or wether it was/wasnt offside heywood should not have left his man like he did.

reeves solid today

duke arguably man of the match, got forward, made some crunching tackles, made one goal saving block which led to injury, superb stuff. deserved his standing ovation.

igoe, floated in and out of the game however he looked more committed than previous games linked well with garrad, needs to polish up his final ball.

jenkins, i thought played a good solid game and most importantly took the ball from the back 4 so that we played football. saw him having a go at reeves and heywood for hoofing. then the next 10 or so minutes of our best football always started with a pass from jenkins.

smith. quiet but effective but an excellent pinpoint pass for parkins second

holmes- very good my first view of him, blackpool were terrified everytime he got the ball, he didnt touch it for the first 20 minutes because no one passed the bloody thing to him.

fallon worked hard good distribution and incredibly unlucky not to score with first half header which produced one of the best saves i have seen at the county ground. point proved to mr king me thinks

parkin, well scored 2 but should have had 4, took both goals brilliantly but still seems to lack the confidence of last year

2 more points stefani looked huge when he came on tearing about, he will definately up aour midfield presence.

we played good football and brian howard didnt play, i think these 2 points could well be linked.

next week i would bring in o hanlon for heywood, move jenkins to right back and give stef a start in the middle with smith. jobs a good un.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 16:51:03 »

I'd agree with all of that mex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: