Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: does anyone enjoy going to football anymore?  (Read 8584 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 16:22:12 »

Surely you can get a job and go to football Johno? Come on lad, you can make room like I did. I used to jib trains, do paper rounds work non stop in the hollidays so I could go to watch Swindon.

Not having a go at you Johno, your a smashing fella. But unfortunately this is what I am talking about when I say that under 18s are overrated becuase they dont pay full price then they struggle to make the step up to full price when they turn 17 or whatever it is. Its the girlfriend, or the job, or the playing football or the vauxhall nova or the drink. I see it. I want you lads to stay supporting Swindon. But you see you can get better value for money doing other things.

The price gap between juniors and adults is too much. If you are going to bother with junior discounts then you have to convert them into adult fans. Otherwise whats the point?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 17:24:53 »

well hopefully i can, but of course, its not up to me when i work really, its my employer, hopefully i wouldn't have to work saturdays, but people my age are expected to work saturdays.
now i just have to face the facts that maybe i might not be able to watch swindon next season and watch the odd home/away game.
just have to see what happens but of course i would want to get another season ticket.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 10:10:50 »

I'm not enjoying it anymore.  It's hard to get out of bed on a Saturday and get yourself up for the match when you know the lads just aren't gonna perform.  I'll get back into it but at the moment I can't be bothered.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 10:29:20 »

listen to all you miserable bastards.  Our overall performance wasn't that bad on Saturday, until the last minute error which caused the equaliser.  A proper fan supports the team through thick and thin, not just because we are winning.  I look forward to every game, because football and STFC is my passion.  You lot are turning into a whingeing load of old grannies.  maybe you should be up the Mecca on a Saturday afternoons, or in the legion or something!   Soapy Tit Wank
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 10:36:28 »

I know, I know, I'm getting on a bit and can't be arsed with wasting 90 minutes of my life watching that shit.  Fair enough it wasn't that bad a performance but Swindon should be finishing off teams like Blackpool, Torquay, Peterborough, Colchester at home.

I decided to vote with my feet last Saturday, don't get me wrong the fact that I'm broke and it's still a week til pay day was a major factor in my decision but I'm glad I didn't go.  My patience is begining to run out with the inconsistant performances.  I am turning into a grumpy old bastard.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 10:41:20 »

ha ha, least you admit it jan  Soapy Tit Wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 11:39:09 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
listen to all you miserable bastards.  Our overall performance wasn't that bad on Saturday, until the last minute error which caused the equaliser.  A proper fan supports the team through thick and thin, not just because we are winning.  I look forward to every game, because football and STFC is my passion.  You lot are turning into a whingeing load of old grannies.  maybe you should be up the Mecca on a Saturday afternoons, or in the legion or something!   Soapy Tit Wank

Well said Bird......it never fails to amaze me how much criticism on message boards and phone ins comes from people who don't actually go.

Saturdays game was decent enough........both sides played some good stuff at times, and it had that edge of excitement of would we hang on......when with us especially v Blackpool you know from experience there is an inevitability about the outcome......football as a metaphor for life.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 11:44:47 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Well said Bird......it never fails to amaze me how much criticism on message boards and phone ins comes from people who don't actually go.

Saturdays game was decent enough........both sides played some good stuff at times, and it had that edge of excitement of would we hang on......when with us especially v Blackpool you know from experience there is an inevitability about the outcome......football as a metaphor for life.

Thanks Reg, someone had to say it  Soapy Tit Wank
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 11:57:25 »

Reg, I think I've missed two home games this season before Saturday, due to my girlfriends parents living in Cornwall, so although I didn't go to the Blackpool game I do feel like I can have my say.  

Why should supporters have a day off once in a while?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 16:36:04 »

if you do 'support' Swindon... you should be use to it anyway!?  Wink
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 16:53:44 »

What annoys me is when I am getting slated by other users on the board who pass themselves off as 'proper fans' because they go to all the games. Fine. My guess is the majority of you are still living at home with parents and fortunate enough to pay less than a tenner to see the Town. How long have you been going? A few seasons tops I guess. Spare a thought for those of us that have been following the Reds since the early eighties! There is nothing I havent seen at this club. From the lows of the old division four to the dizzy heights of the premiership, not to mention fantastic football and players under the management of Ardiles and then Hoddle. Those were the days The County Ground was buzzing, full of fans paying fair prices to watch GOOD football by players who were worthy of the shirts. Now compare that to where we are today, bumbling around in what is really the third division with a second rate manager and a team full of journeymen. I hope like the rest of you the good days return but forgive me when I say it just aint gonna happen anytime soon. Now lets all pretend to get excited that we might at very best finish in the top six in THE THIRD DIVISION.
Spencer_White

« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:47:18 »

Saturdays game was well above average for this season and I quite enjoyed it until 4.50pm.

Parkin aint a journey man though.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:51:23 »

Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"
What annoys me is when I am getting slated by other users on the board who pass themselves off as 'proper fans' because they go to all the games. Fine. My guess is the majority of you are still living at home with parents and fortunate enough to pay less than a tenner to see the Town. How long have you been going? A few seasons tops I guess. Spare a thought for those of us that have been following the Reds since the early eighties! There is nothing I havent seen at this club. From the lows of the old division four to the dizzy heights of the premiership, not to mention fantastic football and players under the management of Ardiles and then Hoddle. Those were the days The County Ground was buzzing, full of fans paying fair prices to watch GOOD football by players who were worthy of the shirts. Now compare that to where we are today, bumbling around in what is really the third division with a second rate manager and a team full of journeymen. I hope like the rest of you the good days return but forgive me when I say it just aint gonna happen anytime soon. Now lets all pretend to get excited that we might at very best finish in the top six in THE THIRD DIVISION.

mate, i do take offensive from that by the way. if i could have followed swindon from the eightys then i would off but surprisngly enough i wasn't alive, just because your older doesn't mean that people my age don't have a reason for an opinion. i go to as many games as possible so i do call myslef a proper swindon fan, why is that wrong?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 09:56:21 »

I know what the GR is getting at.  I started going under Ardiles and I think that's my problem.  Stupidly I got used to watching the exciting passing footie under Ossie and Hoddle even Gorman tried to play decent footie, then it all went wrong, Macmahon not only dismantled the team he took away the style of football that the fans had got used to.

Which is why this season has faded into nothing.  After last seasons impressive display, I had hope that this year more of the same would be coming our way.  But no, seems like a case of one step forward two steps back.  Which is why I struggling to get excited by the up and coming months
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 11:37:38 »

i see it like a crack addicition.  Cool

the first time, you either love it and get hooked or think fuck this i'm gone.

then from then on you expect it to be that good. then when it's not you hate it but you still cant stop. and it ends up becoming your downfall  :|

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: