Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Fail King's Challenge At The First Hurdle  (Read 2075 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 17:09:55 »

Having not gone today, it is difficult to judge how well we played, but it sounds from the radio that we did play well and we should have scored more, Parkin guilty of missing a couple of good chances.  But a result like today would be acceptable were it not sitting alongside rediculous displays against the likes of Peterborough (H), second half of Stockport County (A), second half of Torquay (H), Huddersfield (H), Notts. County (A) and Colchester (H).  It simply isn't good enough, and we can keep urging the team to turn the corner, but the continual failure to do so is quickly diminishing the hope and expectation amongst the fans.

If we can't beat the likes of Blackpool, Torquay and Peterborough at home then we aren't good enough to go up.  It is as simple as that, and on those displays would be murdered in the Championship.  Where do we go from here?  How can the team turn the corner, get on that run which is so urgently needed now if we are to have any slim, remote hope of reaching the playoffs.  People can bleat on about dimished squads all they like but even with the brilliant Miglioranzi back today we concede 2 goals at home against 20th in League 2.  

Watching the Liverpool vs. Man. Utd derby today I noted how weak the benches looked, with Liam Miller, David Bellion, John O'Shea and Quinton Fortune on the bench for Manchester United and Biscan, Sinama-Pongolle, Nunez and some unknown goalkeeper for Liverpool.  These benches are comparitively weak to the first team side, yet our bench today was extremely strong and certainly capable of changing the game.  Howard, Slabber, Miglioranzi and Robinson in my book qualify as very capable first team players in League One.  We do have now a very capable and reasonably deep squad.  Why can we not utilise it?  The manager?  The coaches?  The fans?  What is that is so desperately missing?
santini

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 17:29:17 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

our bench today was extremely strong and certainly capable of changing the game.  Howard, Slabber, Miglioranzi and Robinson in my book qualify as very capable first team players in League One. ... What is that is so desperately missing?

NICHOLAS
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 17:43:47 »

Quote from: "santini"

our bench today was extremely strong and certainly capable of changing the game.  Howard, Slabber, Miglioranzi and Robinson in my book qualify as very capable first team players in League One. ... What is that is so desperately missing?

NICHOLAS

even though duke was superb today? wheres the logic in that?

officially blacker than the night.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 17:47:31 »

The difference between this side being mid-table and promotion is Miglioranzi.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 17:49:40 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
Quote from: "santini"

NICHOLAS

even though duke was superb today? wheres the logic in that?
On the bench. The logic is we have a defender on the bench. So we don't end up exposing a non defender like Smith.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 17:59:10 »

Nicholas wasn't on the bench today. I presume he couldn't get to the game :D

edit: Oh I see what you mean. I don't have a clue why he wasn't on the bench but King is physically incapable of making defensive substitutions anyway.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 18:05:05 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Nicholas wasn't on the bench today. I presume he couldn't get to the game Cheesy

edit: Oh I see what you mean. I don't have a clue why he wasn't on the bench but King is physically incapable of making defensive substitutions anyway.

word

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: