Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 11447 times)
Spud

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:19:56 »

We really need to start winning at Home, its all well and good getting a point away from Home but if we dont take advantage at Home then were seriously fucked.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:28:29 »

I think we will, 4 points from two away games is good enough and I think it will give us some confidence, something which Blackpool are low on.

Who have we got after Blackpool?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:35:05 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I think we will, 4 points from two away games is good enough and I think it will give us some confidence, something which Blackpool are low on.

Who have we got after Blackpool?

Trouble is Blackpool are a bit like us...crap at home and difficult to beat away with 4 defeats in 11.....one of our problems is not really knowing how to win games having got into a decent position.

Once we went 2 up, it was always going to be unlikely we'd win the game, if Oldham were half decent, as our players were in in uncharted territory.  The only other time its happened this season was in the last minute v Yeovil.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #138 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:35:57 »

Next five games look tough:

Saturday, 17 December 2005
Coca-Cola Football League One
Swindon v Blackpool, 15:00
Monday, 26 December 2005
Swindon v Colchester, 15:00
Wednesday, 28 December 2005
Chesterfield v Swindon, 19:30
Saturday, 31 December 2005
Swindon v Swansea, 12:30
Monday, 02 January 2006
Hartlepool v Swindon, 15:00
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:37:33 »

Colchester and Swansea are the only ones I think we don't have much of a chance of getting anything, the others are all beatable.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:47:01 »

Agreed. There are some potential points coming up.

Blackpool is another HUGE game for us.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:47:24 »

Chestefield tend to pick up a lot of draws so I think that will be a draw. Swansea and Colchester look dangerous. Hartlepool look inconsistent so it's hard to see what team will turn up. Blackpool is the game we most need to win, but can also see us drawing that. I can't see us getting any more than 5 points from those games tbh.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 17:51:01 »

Dunno if any of you have noticed...but when fans are in the stratton bank and the atmosphere is better - we win. Could be an omen for Swansea?
santini

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, December 10, 2005, 20:11:07 »

Swindon were very comfortable first half and deserved the lead. Absolutely murdered them early second half after the penalty and then ... Swindon's weaknesses kicked in. Jerel went headless and the forwards went to sleep and stopped playing for the team

Jerel did his usual lunge/attempt to get in front when better defenders would hold off, then we were asleep for the quick free kick. A defender with better judgment wouldn't give away the free kick in the first place. You know this tackle. It's the one he always does that gets a booking, a sending off, a free kick in a dangerous position or even a penalty. He does it again and again. It costs us points and often costs us games ... and yet we still play him.

Fallon gave up second half. Couldn't even out jump their smaller players. He and Shakes and Bouazza started ball watching instead of harrying their defence and midfield who had the freedom of the park.

This let them come at us in waves and yet our defence held them and turned them back. It was from one of our counter attacks that they broke and Jerel gave away the fateful free kick for their first goal. Shakes ran across their box and couldn't pass the ball 2 metres. Instead, he choked and fumbled it to their defender who surged up field. He had a free run because we were out of position expecting the momentum of our move to carry on but Ricky just couldn't pass the ball.

Bouazza can pass the ball. He just chooses not to. So many good Swindon moves and real chances were lost by Shakes' inability to pass and Bouazza's glory seeking refusal to pass. When will they ever learn?

Dropping 2 points from a 2-0 lead is a real sickener.  Crying
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, December 11, 2005, 15:23:28 »

2 ponts dropped in my opinion. A great 70 minutes effort but we looked awful for 20 after their goal. It looked like we were there for the taking until 80 something mins were we weathered the storm and came good again.

Of course I'd have settled for a point a 3pm, but in the context of the game those 2 points could be the difference between staying up and going down.

Don't think Fallon 'gave up'. His legs had gone. He had put in a lot of effort IMHO.

To be fair, Ifil was on the bench rather than starting but CCP injury forced the hand. So maybe the plan is to 'rest' him but with Gurns out we don't have a lot of options.

Say what you like about Roberts, he has oodles more ability than the low quality Shakes. Shame he doesn't put the same effort in as Shakes though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, December 11, 2005, 18:01:45 »

Shakes defended awesomely though....he looks a better right back than winger...!
DMR

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, December 11, 2005, 18:04:37 »

Shakes was in the News of Worlds League One XI this morning. At centre half. I kid you not.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, December 11, 2005, 18:05:33 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Shakes was in the News of Worlds League One XI this morning. At centre half. I kid you not.

Any linkage

they must have got him mixed up with ahem Ifil!?!?
Sussex

« Reply #148 on: Sunday, December 11, 2005, 18:08:22 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Just had a look, you're not wrong David  Shocked
my-velocity

« Reply #149 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 22:40:07 »

Greetings from the mexican riviera. I heard we played ok, but we lacked it at the end against oldham. But an away point is good, im glad we got summit out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: