Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Captain....  (Read 1189 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:09:58 »

Should we keep Miglioranzi as captain?

I think so  Yes
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:12:43 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Should we keep Miglioranzi as captain?

I think so  Yes

I think we should to. Not just because hes my favorite player but because hes one of the more experienced heads in the team and i think hes better at calmin down play than seano is.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
mattboyslim

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:22:46 »

I like Sean O, but like what often happens the added responsibility for a young guy has maybe affected his form.  I prefer a centre back to be captain too, but as the CB positions are somewhat contentious then it's a tricky situation.  If/when Gurney signs I expect him to be second in command.  Personally I'd prefer Migz to Gurney though as Gurney's ill discipline is not really what you need in a leader of a pretty young team like we've got.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:26:13 »

As long as it isn't Silent Sean... whose game has gone to pot since he got it... Migs is a natural leader too.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:35:39 »

Migs definitely has a calming influence which is why I love watching him play at the back. He will wait for the guy to come to him, nick the ball easily, do a couple of tricks then pass it back to the keeper. Legend!

Seano is still yuong which may mean Migs is a better choice
santini

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:56:33 »

Migz-if-fit misses too many games to be captain. What we need is a regular playing leader. Gurney's legs/knees are feeling the strain too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 17:02:41 »

Migz will play ever game for the rest of the season...

I'd perfer Migz as captain, as it has already been pointed out he is one of the older guys at 28 and has the most expirence. He is our longest serving current player (excluding Reeves) and is rather vocal on the pitch, I could certainly hear him first half on Saturday.

Plus, SeanO is very young and he hasnt been at his best in a long time, maybe taking some of the weight off his shoulders would be a good idea.

Miglioranzi is also the most active player with regards to going to schools/hosptials and spending time in the community, a good advert for the club off the pitch.

Plus we have never lost a game in which Miglioranzi has captained the side  Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 17:26:00 »

i still don't believe captaincy makes a difference to the side, especially if you've got a vocal leader in the mould of gurney or mooney.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 17:33:56 »

Havnt seen a centre back play like that since ..........................Hoddle.

http://67.18.37.16/525/186/emo/uhoh2.gif Cue piss take.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 17:39:12 »

I think it is hard to give it to Migs as he is not a certainty at any time. There is always the risk he will miss the game!

Having said that he is a perfect role model...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: