Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rotherham - High in the shithole stakes  (Read 2283 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 11:32:20 »

When Sonic tells thee it was difficult to get a drink in Rotherham he is not wrong. But giving up is not in our vocabulary. Walked round Town centre,only chain pub open is the Litten Tree. Two meatheads on door, couples only! Although it might have been cos of the Steel City derby.

Walked to ground, past 3 closed down pubs! Give up and decide to drink in supporters club. A no go - instead directed to other pub by club official. Other pub is on the canal (imagine the Full Monty) and has about twenty 18 year old Rotherham fans drinking WKD outside and look none too friendly. Directed to other pub by bouncer who comes rushing out of door. Finally drink in smelly old mans pub - carling T - minus 1 hour and 5 minutes after parking car, a new record.

Rotherham, probably third in the shithole stakes behind Bradford and Luton.
Spencer_White

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 11:37:13 »

But then it did have the alley of the Tyneburn ground when Shadwell Army went up there.  

So every cloud......... Soapy Tit Wank
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 11:59:05 »

Oddly enough in the car on the way back I said exactly the same thing, behind only Bradford and Luton in the shithole stakes.
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 12:26:57 »

Have only been to Bradford on an official coach but i can confirm that Looton was a shithole.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 13:15:46 »

was the smelly old man's pub the butchers arms? we ended up in there for about five minutes.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 13:26:52 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
was the smelly old man's pub the butchers arms? we ended up in there for about five minutes.

Yes mate. Didnt stay? It was just old locals who wanted to chat mainly, one had lived in Swindon between 1964 - 1973 and went to see Town regularly in that period!

Suprisingly had a very decent pint in there too. But still a shithole nevertheless.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 13:31:37 »

we got some funny looks from the locals when we walked in, there was only about half a dozen locals in there at the time. i was fucking starving as well, otherwise i'd probably have stayed.

£1.90 for a pint of john smiths, can't complain Yes
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 13:38:11 »

What time was that? We got there about 1pm I think.

I wudnt have trusted the food in there anyway. Well maybe some peanuts, but thats about it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 13:42:45 »

not sure, we got to that car park about 12 and spent awhile searching for any signs of life in rotherham. must have been about 12:30 when we got to that pub, it was alright but i like drinking with our fans at away games, not a bunch of weirdo northerners with mullets  Cheesy
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 13:44:09 »

I have unlucky enough to have been to Bradford a few times and it is the worst place in the country, no question.
Northern Red

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 09:18:07 »

Quote from: "Compo"
I have unlucky enough to have been to Bradford a few times and it is the worst place in the country, no question.

Definately the worst place in the country.

I suggest a Berlin style wall to be built between Leeds and Bradford....

Or better still just put a wall right around Bradistan....
mattboyslim

« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 09:38:19 »

Bets curry I ever had was in the Kash in Bradford, an absolute hole of a city though.  Stoke is another destitute place IMHO, and Luton too is nasty.  Barnsley isn't as bad as you might think, my mate slates it and he lives there.
Asher

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 11:49:53 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
When Sonic tells thee it was difficult to get a drink in Rotherham he is not wrong. But giving up is not in our vocabulary. Walked round Town centre,only chain pub open is the Litten Tree. Two meatheads on door, couples only! Although it might have been cos of the Steel City derby.

Walked to ground, past 3 closed down pubs! Give up and decide to drink in supporters club. A no go - instead directed to other pub by club official. Other pub is on the canal (imagine the Full Monty) and has about twenty 18 year old Rotherham fans drinking WKD outside and look none too friendly. Directed to other pub by bouncer who comes rushing out of door. Finally drink in smelly old mans pub - carling T - minus 1 hour and 5 minutes after parking car, a new record.

Rotherham, probably third in the shithole stakes behind Bradford and Luton.

Quality spencer! As discussed in pub, chesterfield will be a good lads away day.  The last two months will be unbeliveable I feel it now, backs against walls, every lad to every away game got to be done.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:23:54 »

errrrrr yeah, unless you go with marie.  Crying

officially blacker than the night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 5, 2005, 13:29:38 »

If I wasn't working........ Crying

I am desperate to get to another game soon!!! I'm gonna have to look through the fixture list and see what I can make.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: