Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CG Redevelopment Forum  (Read 5286 times)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 18:03:58 »

western daily press say we are going to have talks with Bath about a groundshare.  Shocked
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 18:33:00 »

Quote from: "Johno"
western daily press say we are going to have talks with Bath about a groundshare.  Shocked
They say many things. Like Swindon are capable of...anything!
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 19:36:05 »

What's all this about a loan from St Mowden then?

Presumably going to be used to cover the balls up someone made by calculating this years tax on previous years takings.

I have to say having given it a little thought it's hard to understand what St Mowden still see in developing the Stadium.  Having already spent a million paying off the debenture and after the Shaw tip went tits up it’s hard to see how they could justify pumping more money into a project at such an early stage.

Reading the minutes from the meeting and subsequent posts on the Trust site I get the impression that any development is unlikely to be from scratch instead incorporating parts of the existing ground and site.  Revenue streams being looked at are a hotel, retail outlets and exec boxes with some low-density housing.

Considering we don’t have two pennies to rub together and the council have now confirmed they won’t be coughing up presumably this leaves St Mowden to pay the lions share.

With the housing market petering out I can’t see how low density housing alone is going to finance development of the whole site.  Even if were talking luxury apartments without a major loss of green space it’s hard to understand just what a large development company now see in the project, let alone be so keen they will inject more money into the club (guaranteed by the Wills family or not).

The fact that they are pumping in the cash I suppose if anything is a positive sign that at least for themselves they smell a nice kick back and maybe just maybe there will be a slice of the pie left in it for us.

Dazzza

« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 22:52:23 »

Just come across this little nugget:

The County Ground Stadium currently seats 15,700 people, nearly 6,000 more than Bath's Recreation Ground, which seats 9,980.

The other possibility would be the construction of a new stadium for the two teams, potentially somewhere between the two towns which are about 30 miles apart from each other.

Link:

http://www.planet-rugby.com/News/story_40952.shtml

Bit worrying, not sure what basis that tit-bit is based on but clearly it's not from the WDP article where they poached their quotes and I presume it’s not a work of complete fiction.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 23:43:50 »

I wouldn't worry too much about that Dazzza, clearly froth.

I love the bit about the Rec being intimidating......probably got confused by original burberry wearers........The Den it isn't
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 15, 2005, 10:32:20 »

BATH RUGBY, BATH RUGBY, RAH RAH RAH!!!!!

Now THAT is intimidating.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: