Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Reserves v Swansea  (Read 3923 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:06:21 »

4 goals or no 4 goals, I still think Heath is a bag of shite.
STFC Village

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:06:49 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
Fucking hell 8-0! I think we should give the reserves a go a the weekend. Cool

Colin Heath got 4  :shock:
They must have been real shit! Heath 4?! Did they have a keeper?!

Spuddy> Wink  :grin:
Northern Red

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:11:46 »

Quote from: "Batch"

And compared to Roberts?!?!? - at the moment we have to play the best bag of shite we have  Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:16:13 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"

And compared to Roberts?!?!? - at the moment we have to play the best bag of shite we have  Cheesy

The man speaka the truth
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:18:33 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"

I prefer Roberts to Heath because he can do it. He just isn't right now (he may never, who knows)

I've never seen anything in Heath at all to suggest he is even capable.

To be fair I didn't see the game Saturday. I hear Roberts was a passenger.

I probably wouldn't play either on current form and reinstate Whalley in a central 3.
fatbury

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:20:46 »

Just back from the match .. 8 -0 ... Heath 4 Holgate Henry Brown Taylor

match report next

dont be fooled by the scoreline .. Swansea had a youth team out
Northern Red

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:21:32 »

Roberts on Saturday - I've seen my Grandmother move faster and she's dead.

Anyone other then Roberts - he hasn't the guts to play football and is a disgrace to the shirt
Northern Red

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:23:21 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Just back from the match .. 8 -0 ... Heath 4 Holgate Henry Brown Taylor

match report next

dont be fooled by the scoreline .. Swansea had a youth team out

Holgate, Henry and Taylor - hardly not our youth team either?

Either way 8-0 has to be a lift for the club and the players who played
Brown scored and he may play on Saturday from the start - was it set-piece?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:25:13 »

didn't make much difference when we beat bournemouth 7-0 either
fatbury

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:32:03 »

Ok ... where shall i start

Had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon off .. walked in via the executive area as I was in a suit .. and no one stopped me

Sat behind Iffy .. and made various comments to the blokes next to me thro the game that hopefully will make him pick Henry over Collins for Saturday and to give Ashan a sub spot too

8 nil tho Swansea had not one player who had played outside of youth team football - however Heath fired us ahead early with a superbly taken free kicks - by 15 mins it was 3 nil Holgate and Henry with well taken headers

Not much more action until 2nd half .. Heath completed his hatrick after being setup by Holgate and then Shakes .. very easy tap ins .. Brown struck home from a difficult angle for his goal ..Heath banged in a 4th from close in .. and then Taylor struck to allow me to see a swindon team score EIGHT for the first time

Ratings

1 Evans - 7 had little to do but did well on kicking and one excellent save
2 Smith - 7 did well as always taken off half time for 15 Gary Pryde 8 - never heard of him but he was excellent VERY VERY impressed .. 4 or 5 excellent balls down the line and looked the part for a youth player expect to hear more of him
3 Stroud 7 - did well against Swanseas best player Fisken .. especially as he was out of postion at left back
4 Taylor 7 - worked hard .. found it hard at times to get into the game but deserved his goal
5 Henry (capt) 8 - won every header .. led the line brilliantly .. tackled hard .. deserves a debut Iffy!
6 Collins 6 - did ok .. but missed headers dived in too much and distribution was poor
7 Shakes 7 - had a lively 2nd half .. set up a goal and missed a sitter .. typical Ricky
8 Heath 7 - not as impressive as scoring 4 sounds tho his free kick was brilliant - he missed 4 other easy chances
9 Mikolanda 6 - quite poor i thought .. slow .. missed 2 absolute sitters replaced by Wells near the end
10 Holgate MOM 9 - held the ball up well ... set up 3 goals .. unselfish .. scored one .. showed brilliant skills and touches .. deserves a bench place for Saturday
11 Brown 7 got better as game went on and he gained confidence .. excellent goal replaced with 20 mins to go by Nicolau - who looked understandly rusty tho almost scored with his first touch

Overall thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon - the two old chaps I sat with were nice blokes and very knowledgeable too ... lots of references to 70s 80 and 90s were made today

NB saw Fitzroy Simpson with Iffy today ... are we signing the ex Swindon man City and Walsall midfielder - im not sure where he is at the moment
Spud

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:33:59 »

Collins is shit in the reserves aswell.  
fatbury

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:35:00 »

Questions answered - Browns goal was from a wide angle and hit from 20 yards out .. sizzler!

(should have mentioned Heath did get in the box well for a central midfielder as he was playing today!)
fatbury

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:37:31 »

On the back of that game id pick this for Saturday

Heaton
Smith Henry Comyn-Platt Nicholas
Roberts Heath Migz Whalley Bouazza
Fallon

Subs Evans Stroud Shakes Brown Holgate or Mikolanda
Northern Red

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:41:31 »

So for the defence Henry deserves a place, but Collins still does not....
fatbury

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:42:54 »

In my opinion .. when you look at it ... if we play Collins we gain nothing .. if we play Henry .. at least he has learnt something from playing the game and that is good for his and Swindon Towns future
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: