Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2005 European Footballer of The year  (Read 2874 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:44:17 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Lampard is poor for England though.

Don't agree with you there. He was England's player of the year for 2004, one of our best players in the Austria game and scored a superb winner against Poland to win us the qualifying group and he was our best player in that game.

Yes he was one of the best England players in Euro 2004, i didnt see the Austria or Poland game as i was in America but he was poor against Northern Ireland(ok so was everybody else) but he didnt do alot against the Argies or Wales(Millenium stadium).

Yeah but I think one of the main reasons he and also England were poor against Northern Ireland and Wales was Beckham took him and Gerrard out of the game by completely bypassing them with his passes but Lampard was no worse than the rest. In the Poland game he was at his best. He's been unbelievable in the premiership, look at how far ahead he is in the actim index.

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=actimTop100

Doesn't mean much but when someon'e that far ahead of the rest they're doing pretty well.
Spud

« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:49:13 »

Im not disputing how good he is in the Premiership, but thats mainly thanks to Makalele's defensive abilities.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:51:13 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Seeing some of his recent skill makes me wonder whether his free kick against Seaman in the world cup was actually meant!  :-))(

At the time I was undecided....the run that set up the first goal though was.

Every so often a player crops up who for a usually relatively brief period takes the game to a higher level....he's just about there.

ManUre looked favourite to acquire his services from PSG at one time....lucky he saw sense and went to a decent club.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:54:54 »

Im not disputing how good he is in the Premiership, but thats mainly thanks to Makalele's defensive abilities.

Maybe partly but not mainly, Makalele's been injured for the last couple of games but Lampard's still scored one and assisted one, his cross for Crespo's goal in the champions league was perfect.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 22:16:18 »

Lampard is ace, thats the simple bit.

For england, he isn't as effective as he doesn't get the ball that often to get in the game enough, but you would but him in every time!
land_of_bo

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 07:53:23 »

Ronaldihno world footballer of the year. Shouldn't european footballer of the year be European?!?
Spud

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 08:36:43 »

He plays in Europe so im guessing it doesnt matter if he comes from outside of it?.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 09:00:48 »

Exactly. If you play for a european club you can qualify.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 18:50:45 »

Yes, but what about David Duke? :-))(

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spud

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 00:01:30 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Yes, but what about David Duke? :-))(

What about him?.  :|
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: