Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley Bookings  (Read 1626 times)
Northern Red

« on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 10:50:33 »

Another 6 bookings yesterday and most of them were stupid bookings for indiscipline.

Stupid 1 - Roberts fouled someone right in front of me in the Nationwide - Excuse for lots of abuse: "Do us a favour Ref, send him off", "Best thing you've done all day, you lazy cunt"

Stupid 2 - Rory gets wound up by the Barnsley chants and gives them the fingers - Lino spots it and he's booked

Stupid 3 - CCP is being niggled all game by the Barnsley players and eventually has handbags with one of them

Gurney's was justified and needed - although a bit stupid
Jenks' card was tricked from the ref, by a good dive - unlucky
I missed Seano getting booked, but I'd imagine it was a needed challenge

Our disciplinary record must be one of the worst in the league and we could get done for it, if it gets too bad - sort it out Iffy.

fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 10:55:33 »

heard the ref was a knob tho
Northern Red

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 11:02:37 »

Total knob - Ifil and Seano were getting little pushes on them every time they jumped for a ball and the ref was missing them everytime.
He just seemed to miss blatent fouls, so the players thought they could get away with more, and he booked them for those fouls.
He missed handballs, gave throws the wrong way, gave goalkicks instead of corners.

Useless waste of space, who should have been on the pitch in a Barnsley shirt or not at all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 11:09:17 »

That was Mr Deadman's 13th league fixture, and the most yellows he's dished out.

In all he's dished 57 yellow and 3 red in those games.

The worry is these fellas have to start somewhere and learn their trade, but the lower down the pecking order you go the likelihood is you'll get the tyro refs.

Conference fans complain they get the real comedians as they are green and looking to progress and in the eyes of the authorities that means card waving for the multitude of small scale offences which decent refs overlook.

His poor decision making though had no material effect on the game, other than getting outr players needlessly wound up.
mattboyslim

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 11:14:34 »

Roberts one annoyed me the most, not beacuse he didn't deserve it, but the inconsistencies of the ref.  There were two tackles by Barnsley players which were as bad, yet unpunished, that's the thing which upsets people the most, and the total inability to spot any number of handballs.

Was the ref a replacement, as the program listed another official I'm sure.
Northern Red

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 11:24:30 »

Roberts was right in front of me, and he chased him and went for it - it looked malicious and like he was on a Gurney style vendetta.
Deserved it.
Northern Red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 14:32:04 »

It gets worse - we're due a £2,500 fine for getting 6 bookings in one game  Sad

Sean O’Hanlon, Steve Jenkins and Andy Gurney all picked uup their 5th bookings and will miss the Rotherham match along with Jerel Ifil.

That leaves sod all in defence then!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 15:59:54 »

That leaves sod all in defence then!

I'm not sure any of them were there on Saturday to be honest :-))(
I think a lot of the bookings were due to the frustration of being outplayed and not being able to get hold of the ball.The thing is if our disciplinary record is the worse come the end of the season its going to cost us a lot more than 2,500 Sad.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:15:25 »

defence will be ok: smith, ccp, collins, nicholas
Northern Red

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:16:08 »

Quote from: "stfc11"

Rotherham 8-1 Swindon then  Crying
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:33:45 »

rory didn't stick his fingers up at anyone, just put his hand up to acknowledge the barnsley fans.
Northern Red

« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:37:45 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
rory didn't stick his fingers up at anyone, just put his hand up to acknowledge the barnsley fans.

It looked like he put his fingers up to the Barnsley fans from the Nationwide and about 3 seconds later he was booked after the lino called the referee over - why was he booked then?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:38:28 »

it was right in front of me and i didn't see any fingers. i assumed the booking was because the gesture was misconstrued and the referee was a total nutter anyway.
Northern Red

« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:42:49 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
it was right in front of me and i didn't see any fingers. i assumed the booking was because the gesture was misconstrued and the referee was a total nutter anyway.

I'll go with that too - can bookings be rescinded?
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 16:44:55 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Quote from: "stfc11"

Rotherham 8-1 Swindon then  Crying

:shock: FOOK :shock:  

I'm not sure where the 1 will come from either - a speculative hoof that catches the wind and goes in perhaps?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: