Poll
Question: 24hr drinking, what do you think?  (Voting closed: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:34:47)
Superb! - 21 (55.3%)
Bad Idea - 8 (21.1%)
Not bothered - 9 (23.7%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 24hr drinking.  (Read 7864 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:54:29 »

May well be the end of the traditional ‘nightclub’.  

There’s bound to be a blurring between bars and clubs so they cater for more tastes and get the punters in early.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:57:17 »

At least clubs/pubs will be able to filter the drinkers out gradually than kick them straight out.  When last orders is called most buy as many drinks as they can, down them and get kicked out onto the street straight away where they cause trouble, start fights etc.  If they can stay in for as long as they like, the novelty may soon wear off so they will leave when they're ready in a good mood and not when they're forced to.
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:58:43 »

indeed. I'm been to 1 (count em!) nightclub this year (The Apartmant) and that was only because everyone else I was out with was going. (£5 to get in, the cunts)

There is no need anymore, with bars staying open late. clubs always pissed me off to an extent, stupid door charges and over the top drinks prices.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:01:25 »

Agree with PM, the nightclub died with Diana, or at least around the same time as that anyway!  

I hope the "poncey bar" dies next.  Bring back the local, the new improved 24 hour local.
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:04:25 »

Frankly i hope the poncey bar and all the "Swindon fun boys" with their bleached mullets die too.

That'll be the entire clientel of longs then.
mattboyslim

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:05:19 »

I've been clubbing in a variety of cities this year London, Birmingham, Cambridge and Swindon and paid various overinflated charges to get in, then again the late bars are a bit trendy and drinks are just as dear.  Places like Walkabout are bars but charge to get in.  My clubbing has diminshed largely due to the widespread playing of RnB which just angers me!

The best thing from my perspective is that the normal pub has the possibility of staying open later meaning you're not forced to got to aforementioned trendy venues to stay out later.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:05:48 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Frankly i hope the poncey bar and all the "Swindon fun boys" with their bleached mullets die too.

Agreed!  Its a shame because I prefer old town (when Im in swindon)  but its not somewhere everyone has a good laugh because people are too worried about posing.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:06:59 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
I've been clubbing in a variety of cities this year London, Birmingham, Cambridge and Swindon and paid various overinflated charges to get in, then again the late bars are a bit trendy and drinks are just as dear.  Places like Walkabout are bars but charge to get in.  My clubbing has diminshed largely due to the widespread playing of RnB which just angers me!

The best thing from my perspective is that the normal pub has the possibility of staying open later meaning you're not forced to got to aforementioned trendy venues to stay out later.

Rnb is ok when your pissed cause you can dance to anything after a few but id much rather go out and listen to indie etc. anyday than dance, garage etc.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:23:18 »

Can't remember the name of the club, but I used to love one in Bath, played indie all night long.  Not Po's, not Moles, fuck me what was it called?  All I remember is a load of students used to go in there all the time, there was an italian restaurant opposite the entrance and it had very sweaty walls by kick out time, the club not the restaurant.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:27:01 »

We have a good one in Cheltenham called Sub-Tone.  Its got an underground bit which plays indie earlyish then changes to dance, plays indie on middle floor and has a piano bar at the top but the music changes up there depending how busy it is.  

We also have a pub/bar called the Retreat which is very upmarket, however plays wicked music - no garage/techno rubbish!
land_of_bo

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:27:02 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Can't remember the name of the club, but I used to love one in Bath, played indie all night long.  Not Po's, not Moles, fuck me what was it called?  All I remember is a load of students used to go in there all the time, there was an italian restaurant opposite the entrance and it had very sweaty walls by kick out time, the club not the restaurant.

T's by the sounds of things, under the arches? Small place?
mattboyslim

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:28:40 »

Not the fez in bath that was menat ot be OK, I went to one there recently called Qube, it was pretty nice too, in the cellars under some big hotel I think.

Old Town is generally nicer to drink IMHO, less agro than town in my experience, and places like Longs and McKenzies are nice but as said just too full of men with silly hair.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:29:42 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Not the fez in bath that was menat ot be OK, I went to one there recently called Qube, it was pretty nice too, in the cellars under some big hotel I think.

Old Town is generally nicer to drink IMHO, less agro than town in my experience, and places like Longs and McKenzies are nice but as said just too full of men with silly hair.

cough cough Walrus  
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:36:31 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

you've just murdered stfcfan  Soapy Tit Wank
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 13:38:22 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"

T's by the sounds of things, under the arches? Small place?

T's club!!!  That's the one!!  Cheers mate  Back in around 96 that place was quality!!!  Not sure what it's like now though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: