Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Yeates  (Read 3328 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 12:13:29 »

Played well as a sub against Brighton last week and I read Jol singing his praises and comparing him to Gascoine with a massive future ahead of him.

Another Johnny Jackson perhaps, soon to dissapear again.

On the subject of Spurs youngters I beleive our friend Dean Marney's contract is up in the summer.

Would be an ideal capture given our lack of a natural wide right player and with only the aging Jenkins at RB it would be a capture with one eye on the future.

In fact get him in now on a long term deal to the end of the season.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 12:14:42 »

I think Marney probably earned himself a new contract with his performance for Spurs a couple of weeks ago...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 12:16:12 »

I reckon he's got a chance of a deal at Spurs to be honest and if not he's got to be a Championship player.

/
W56196272
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 12:16:26 »

you are having a laugh love, he won't be coming back here, he has been one of tottenham's best players in recent weeks.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 12:20:26 »

Marney- no chance
Jackson- he's tied up for 5 years now I believe
Yeates- I don't want the chavman back, he's nowt on Holmes is he?
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 12:27:24 »

i got the impression from both his work rate and kingys comments after he left tha Yeates didnt want to be here at all. In which case he can rot in spurs reserves for all i care
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 13:38:32 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
you are having a laugh love, he won't be coming back here, he has been one of tottenham's best players in recent weeks.

Didn't realise he had played at all.   :shock:

Must admit I am bored silly of Premiership football at the moment and follow Division one/Championship football a lot more than I bother with it.

I thought Yeates looked pretty good in that first game but he did seem to give the impression he didn't want to be here.  Waste of a short term loan really, we didn't need a player in that position at the time and if it comes to the crunch at the end of the season it could prove costly.

STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 14:26:50 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Quote from: "STFCBird"

Didn't realise he had played at all.   :shock:

Must admit I am bored silly of Premiership football at the moment and follow Division one/Championship football a lot more than I bother with it.

I thought Yeates looked pretty good in that first game but he did seem to give the impression he didn't want to be here.  Waste of a short term loan really, we didn't need a player in that position at the time and if it comes to the crunch at the end of the season it could prove costly.

I was talking about Marney not Yeates, I am getting all confused now  Crying My bloke is a Tottenham fan so I get to watch them quite often.  He has really improved, but still has a lot to learn.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got loaned out to a championship team to gain more experience.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 14:28:34 »

Marney's been a bit of a one game wonder for Spurs, hasn't he? Might as well not've turned up against the Mancs.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 15:05:23 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Marney's been a bit of a one game wonder for Spurs, hasn't he? Might as well not've turned up against the Mancs.

I thought he had a good game against Man U, he won the ball and made some good runs.  They only had one upfront don't forget, so when he got there he had nobody to give it to
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 15:39:48 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
I thought Yeates looked pretty good in that first game but he did seem to give the impression he didn't want to be here.

Don't agree entirely, but he did have an incredible impact in his first game against Hartlepool. He destroyed them and set up two of the goals. Can't remember if it was the following game, but Walsall away he had a nightmare and did precisely nothing. I think he's a bit like Joe Cole except nowhere near as good, a show pony.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 18:02:21 »

He tore Hartlepool apart, but then so did Howard and Igoe.
They were shocking that day and you can't judge a player on one game. Didn't impress me much tbh.
McLovin

« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 09:04:08 »

Yeates should walk into a team like ours week in, week out. He has a massive amount of ability, and to be honest, being loaned to a div 2 team to sit on the bench wouldnt really inspire me to give a fuck.  I think we missed out there. If we had used him properly (behind the front 2, on the right wing) he would have proved a handy weapon in our armoury, and if we had him for a full season who knows what would have happened?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: