Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats the link?!?  (Read 1361 times)
Nils

« on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 23:59:08 »

Ezekiel 14

12 The word of the LORD came again to me, saying: 13 “Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness, I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it. 14 Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness,” says the Lord GOD.
15 “If I cause wild beasts to pass through the land, and they empty it, and make it so desolate that no man may pass through because of the beasts, 16 even though these three men were in it, as I live,” says the Lord GOD, “they would deliver neither sons nor daughters; only they would be delivered, and the land would be desolate.
17 “Or if I bring a sword on that land, and say, ‘Sword, go through the land,’ and I cut off man and beast from it, 18 even though these three men were in it, as I live,” says the Lord GOD, “they would deliver neither sons nor daughters, but only they themselves would be delivered.
19 “Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My fury on it in blood, and cut off from it man and beast, 20 even though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live,” says the Lord GOD, “they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness.”

Matthew 18

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

I have been given these passages to use for next week by the synod. How the fuck could anypne be expected to in anway link them.

I will buy anyone on this forum a pint if they can!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 00:17:05 »

I've given it some thought....why does there have to be a link?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 00:30:30 »

Well  :scribe:
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 10:12:35 »

The link is that they are both bullshit from the biggest fictional novel ever written! :old:

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 14:52:30 »

The link is perception of power.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 14:53:32 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
The link is that they are both bullshit from the biggest fictional novel ever written! :old:

Agreed  Cool
Northern Red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 14:54:58 »

Three men and baby?
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 14:58:58 »

The link is obvious .. check out the story of Noah, Daniel and Job - they tried to be the BIGGEST supporters of god over all others I think or something like that - which was unacceptable to god as he wanted all to have the chance to worship equally.

Which is basically what the 2nd bit says .. theres the link!
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 15:05:12 »

This should help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezekiel
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 16:29:21 »

I'm opting for 'fear' it's using fear or playing on agst to teach the word of the big fella.

Nils

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 23:36:54 »

Thank you, most of you. This has been a real help in writing my sermen for this week and I was starting to panic about it. There has to be a link because otherwise the sermen wouldnt fit in well.

Oh and Edinburgh I understand that some people dont believe but there is no reason to slag it off. I have no problem with people saying I am an atheist but people who attack it are obviously scared or something. People have the right to their views and sometimes it is also wise to not air those views, I think some things that I wouldnt openly tell because I know that it would offend people.

You must understand that religion is something that rules my life and something that I would put before anything else in this world.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 00:05:59 »

There has to be a link because otherwise the sermen wouldnt fit in well

So you're saying there has to be a link, because someone tells you, even though the evidence of your own thought processes can't see one.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 01:18:08 »

It don't say all that in the original Greek -
it say
You mess with me mateypeep and I'll cut them off!!
(inspiring awe as I go)
innit
and I'm not scared or something

lost me thread now - bed time
Nils

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 17:24:43 »

Yes Reg, unfortunately churches have a lot of politics within it and if it didn't link then I would get vslated by the congregation and that isnt what I want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: