Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 12479 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 21:10:45 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
That assists figure is absolute bollocks Dazzza, if you actually looked at how many goals he's created the figure would be far far bigger. In the Real Betis game alone he created two goals, one today, won a penalty against Aston Villa etc.  That's 4 examples of goals he's created in 3 games, there have been many more.

You shouldn't base your argument on meaningless statistics, Benitez has been happy with him and continues to play him because he knows he's playing well and Liverpool have been winning games with him playing which he's played a big part in. The only thing lacking from his game at the moment is the goals but they wil come.

No, I think you will find that figure is entirely accurate.  Can you provide any evidence that points the contrary?

I thought not.

Regardless, your definition of creativity is completely different and unfortunate as I could quite simply sit here and argue the copious amounts of chances and opportunities the same player squanders.

A player winning a penalty is not an example of creativity otherwise Eric Sabin would be playing for France.  

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 21:25:53 »

i did not text radio swindon today, some cunt used my name.

fallon was a bit poo though
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 21:54:56 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
That assists figure is absolute bollocks Dazzza, if you actually looked at how many goals he's created the figure would be far far bigger. In the Real Betis game alone he created two goals, one today, won a penalty against Aston Villa etc.  That's 4 examples of goals he's created in 3 games, there have been many more.

You shouldn't base your argument on meaningless statistics, Benitez has been happy with him and continues to play him because he knows he's playing well and Liverpool have been winning games with him playing which he's played a big part in. The only thing lacking from his game at the moment is the goals but they wil come.

No, I think you will find that figure is entirely accurate.  Can you provide any evidence that points the contrary?

I thought not.

Regardless, your definition of creativity is completely different and unfortunate as I could quite simply sit here and argue the copious amounts of chances and opportunities the same player squanders.

A player winning a penalty is not an example of creativity otherwise Eric Sabin would be playing for France.  

No Dazzza it's bollocks because that's just the direct assists, it is not accurate because it's ignoring a lot of goals he created like the two goals he created against Real Betis, they haven't been credited as assists but anyone who watched the game will know that Crouch created both goals.

And today

Crouch created the third for Morientes by soaring at the far post to head a Steven Gerrard cross down for Sami Hyypia to get a touch before Morientes turned the ball home from close range.

It was clearly created by Crouch but might not be credited as an assist because Hypia got a touch.

You could try and argue that he squanders chances but it would be a very weak argument considering in 2003/2004 he had 11 shots and scored 4 goals, in 2004/2005 he had 53 shots and scored 12 premiership goals. Both of those ratios are superb.

Whatever way you look at it the argument that Crouch doesn't create goals is fucking ridiculous, it just discredits your argument.
Dazzza

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 22:32:28 »

I thought not.

No Dazzza it's bollocks because that's just the direct assists, it is not accurate because it's ignoring a lot of goals he created like the two goals he created against Real Betis, they haven't been credited as assists but anyone who watched the game will know that Crouch created both goals.

And today

Crouch created the third for Morientes by soaring at the far post to head a Steven Gerrard cross down for Sami Hyypia to get a touch before Morientes turned the ball home from close range.

It was clearly created by Crouch but might not be credited as an assist because Hypia got a touch.

You could try and argue that he squanders chances but it would be a very weak argument considering in 2003/2004 he had 11 shots and scored 4 goals, in 2004/2005 he had 53 shots and scored 12 premiership goals. Both of those ratios are superb.

Whatever way you look at it the argument that Crouch doesn't create goals is fucking ridiculous, it just discredits your argument.

Perhaps you should pay a little attention.  The original point I made and still stand by is that Peter Crouch creates very little direct assists that lead to goals.  If you don’t believe me look at the figures.

Your attempt to define creativity is entirely different and as I tried to point out to you in a previous post it’s highly objectionable.  You could attempt to define every touch a player has that eventually leads to a goal mouth incident as creative.   Likewise I could claim the reverse as being wasteful.  At the end of the day it’s based purely on opinion and lets face it Ben your clearly not the most impartial on the subject.  Even still a little odd that such a 'creative' player and a big striker at that fails to actually provide many assists.

Regardless having seen Crouch play, not based my opinion on snippets of match reports, the only person I think that could give you a run for your money on the matter is the Iraqi information minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf.

Sorry but I have to ask this have you ever actually seen Peter Crouch play and are you on medication?

Failing that I’d say you're either related or dating.    Cheesy

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 22:39:24 »

Give it a rest you two.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 23:44:50 »

i'm going to start deleting any posts relating to peter crouch
Spud

« Reply #171 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 00:07:10 »

Another thread that has turned into a debate about Peter Crouch  :boring:
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 00:27:34 »

Christian Roberts wears his socks really low down - doesn't look like he wears shinpads either. Anyone else noticed this?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 04:54:53 »

I thought not.

And today

Perhaps you should pay a little attention.  The original point I made and still stand by is that Peter Crouch creates very little direct assists that lead to goals.  If you don’t believe me look at the figures.

Your attempt to define creativity is entirely different and as I tried to point out to you in a previous post it’s highly objectionable.  You could attempt to define every touch a player has that eventually leads to a goal mouth incident as creative.   Likewise I could claim the reverse as being wasteful.  At the end of the day it’s based purely on opinion and lets face it Ben your clearly not the most impartial on the subject.  Even still a little odd that such a 'creative' player and a big striker at that fails to actually provide many assists.

Regardless having seen Crouch play, not based my opinion on snippets of match reports, the only person I think that could give you a run for your money on the matter is the Iraqi information minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf.

Sorry but I have to ask this have you ever actually seen Peter Crouch play and are you on medication?

Failing that I’d say you're either related or dating.    Cheesy

You said "he creates very little in the way of assists leading to goal scoring opportunities"
Which isn't true. I'm not defining creativity, he simply plays a major part in a lot of goals, it's pointless denying that unless you want to ignore the facts.

A mate of mine is a Southampton fan so I watched most of the games he played last year on tv and highlights of every one. I've also seen every game he's played for England, I've seen him play in the champions league and for Liverpool. If you've seen him when he didn't play that well you must have seen a rare game where he didn't perform to full potential. Crouch is only 24 and has only shown his full potential in the last year, if you've seen him before that then you've not seen him at his best, I'm not talking about seeing him live every week because you wouldn't have recently unless you were a Southampton or Liverpool fan but I have watched him a lot and I certainly am not basiny my opinion on any match reports.

As I've said he's an very useful player for England and a must for the world cup squad if fit. It must confuse you people who think he's crap why so many managers rate him but it's odvious to the rest of us.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 11:52:40 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Christian Roberts wears his socks really low down - doesn't look like he wears shinpads either. Anyone else noticed this?
 I noticed that, quite a lot of the time he doesn't wear shin pads.  I think it is for that extra half yard of pace.
Dazzza

« Reply #175 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 17:57:41 »

You said "he creates very little in the way of assists leading to goal scoring opportunities"
Which isn't true. I'm not defining creativity, he simply plays a major part in a lot of goals, it's pointless denying that unless you want to ignore the facts.

A mate of mine is a Southampton fan so I watched most of the games he played last year on tv and highlights of every one. I've also seen every game he's played for England, I've seen him play in the champions league and for Liverpool. If you've seen him when he didn't play that well you must have seen a rare game where he didn't perform to full potential. Crouch is only 24 and has only shown his full potential in the last year, if you've seen him before that then you've not seen him at his best, I'm not talking about seeing him live every week because you wouldn't have recently unless you were a Southampton or Liverpool fan but I have watched him a lot and I certainly am not basiny my opinion on any match reports.

As I've said he's an very useful player for England and a must for the world cup squad if fit. It must confuse you people who think he's crap why so many managers rate him but it's odvious to the rest of us.

Odvious to the rest of us?

And whom might ‘the rest of us’ be Ben the Crouch family perhaps?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: