Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wadworths offer?  (Read 1884 times)
Dazzza

« on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 23:14:27 »

Poached from the Trust site.

Looking at recent results it seems that Swindon are going to struggle to make the playoffs this time around. So should the board reconsider the offer made last summer from Charles Bartholomew owner of Wadworths Breweries? With the extra money 50% of which is to be made available to the new manager for new signings we really would be able to push for the play offs this season. In my opinion there are to many big egos at the top of the club who are unprepaired to let anyone else have any influence over the running of the club.

For the club to say that any offer of money should be unconditional is really not realistic in todays football world, of course if an individual is investing their own money in a club they are going to want some control over that money I know I would. Lets hope that the club can swallow some of its pride and look again at the Wadworths offer

Link:  
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=2481&s=2a505011b9caf792b6928b77911e69a4

Fact or fiction you decide...

Some small bell rings about an unnamed offer just when the stadium plan was gathering momentum, but I’m not sure if I have made that up in my head along with Carol.

Interesting all the same.  If there was any truth to it I am sure the board would be much more susceptible to an offer now that the Stadium deal collapsed taking with it the warm glow of profit for the shareholders in the holding company (read current board members).

First thing they could do with the money is buy a calculator so that they can work out basic tax rates!

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 18:14:16 »

what? never heard about this before... most likely fiction though.

good thing about kingy is that he wouldn't need loads of money to find decent players. probably a good thing for a manager who manages swindon!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 18:30:42 »

you never know. Swindon isn't a plc so any offers may not be made public, especially if the board is trying to maintain control
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 21:04:00 »

probably a wild rumour i think
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: