Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Migs  (Read 4585 times)
Melksham Red

« on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 22:57:53 »

Came through the game today. Thank fuck for that. We so desperately need him. Creativity in midfield is what were crying out for. Aswell as someone to put their foot on the ball.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 23:03:03 »

He looked extremely rusty and tentative, which I suppose is only to be expected when you've been out for 3 months.

Not helped by the state of the pitch, which is breaking up in this wet and warm weather.

Still if he's basically fit then he needs to put it to the test sooner rather than later.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 09:12:30 »

Migs coming back can only be good news, but with Roberts out for two months just means we've taken one step forward and one back.

This season is complete sh it.  What an anti climax.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 11:21:14 »

Not if we win the LDV it won't be!

On the other hand, we may lose 4-0 to Southend Oops
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:19:34 »

I wish I could find some optimism about the LDV, but it seems written in the stars that we're going out....right from the draw giving us the worst possible option, to the fact they've Bart in goal and Eastwood who King could have had and rejected is scoring sack loads for fun.

Doubtless it will be the usual extra time or pens.....although at least we managed to avoid that v Notts County.  Sad
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:21:28 »

For me, he's our best player is Migs.

If he's fit, he plays.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:27:36 »

He's definately our most influencial player, I'll give ou that Davido.  Still think that without Mr Parkin we'd be seriously struggling at the fooooot of the table.

Migs seems to be the only player in our team who can get the ball down give himself some time then play the easy ball, which is often the best way of playing football.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:32:26 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
He's definately our most influencial player, I'll give ou that Davido.  Still think that without Mr Parkin we'd be seriously struggling at the fooooot of the table.

Migs seems to be the only player in our team who can get the ball down give himself some time then play the easy ball, which is often the best way of playing football.

That was my train of thought but I couldn't be arsed to type that
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:32:28 »

I'd agree with that Jan, we defo need him back, his first touch is good. If we had migs back AND an influential midfielder, i think we would have a promotion challenging team. I think howard and others are inspired when migs plays and seem to up the workrate in midfield
Melksham Red

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:36:16 »

We'll get all excited about have Migs back and you know what will happen, our Mr King will probably play him right or left wing or something daft thus rendering him fucking useless.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:38:56 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
We'll get all excited about have Migs back and you know what will happen, our Mr King will probably play him right or left wing or something daft thus rendering him fucking useless.

Or Duke will get injuree and he will play left back instead of Nicho!
It will take him a good 5/6 games to get back on form though!
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:40:18 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

Or Duke will get injuree and he will play left back instead of Nicho!
It will take him a good 5/6 games to get back on form though!

'Form is temporary, class if forever'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:40:50 »

It should be pointed out that before his injury King had shunted Migs into a wide position on the left, certainly one of his more bizarre flights of fancy, in order to accomodate Howard.

Its easy to think that BH ended up in CM because of Migs injury, as you say MR not necessarily  so.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:48:56 »

Yeah Great point by M.R., imagine that if King does play Migs out of position again, God, he'd be a popular man on here then.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:52:54 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Yeah Great point by M.R., imagine that if King does play Migs out of position again, God, he'd be a popular man on here then.

Like he's top of the popularity poll at the moment
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: