Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last night could possibly be my best night at uni so far  (Read 485 times)
Rossi

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 12:21:59 »

I met up with a mate who had come up to uni to visit me and went for a couple of pints, came back here, had a microwave burger for dinner, then off to the pub at about 7.20, got straight in and asked the bloke behind the bar if he would put the Town game on, and he did so with no problems.  Before the game kicked off we had a few games on the itbox, and I won 2 quid.  The game then started and I was absolutely disgusted when he made them retake the penalty, and I thought it was going to be another one of them games where things just don't go our way.  Bit further in, we were 2-1 up, city had 10 men and had already used 2 subs.  When Fallon got the second I jumped up and started cheering, to which 3 podgers sitting in front of me turned around and gave me some right dirty looks, so I started chanting "YOU REDS!"
At the final whistle I saw some blokes hand go up in the air accross the bar, so I went and had a word with him, turns out him and his mate are in their 2nd year at uni and come from Swindon (anyone on here?) and I had a quick chat with them.
Also with the scoreline being 2-1, I won £25.50 on my bet
I then went back to mine again for some snacks and more beer, then accidentily dropped my plate on the floor, the fact that it didn't smash when it should have done made me realise that things were going my way.  I then went clubbing to Junglers and got back early this morning, and I don't have a hangover.
Hopefully the good luck will be carried over to today and England will win and I'm going to buy a lottery ticket Beers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: