Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yoofs win 4-3  (Read 2618 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 22:27:15 »

In the cup. Jutkiewicz scoring all 4!

Well done lads!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 22:33:44 »

i'm getting his name on the back of my shirt
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 22:35:19 »

Who did they beat? Not that it matters! Well done lads, the future's bright, the future's RED! Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 22:37:17 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
In the cup. Jutkiewicz scoring all 4!

Well done lads!

Lucas Jutkiewicz is a beast...he could become seriously good, or maybe not..for his age, 16 I believe, he has a man's build.

So he might grow some more, in which case he probably become too big and heavy, or he might just fill out and become a powerhouse....the bits I've seen him play he looks like an out and out striker, with little more to his game...

It'll be interesting to see how he develops.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 22:50:20 »

spot on there reg, only seen him the once against sailsbury in the wiltshire premier schield (sic) but he's massive for his age. hard to believe he's only 16 to be fair.

with him and caton coming through, along with the likes of stroud, holgate, garrard, i'm optimistic about our youth policy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:02:11 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
spot on there reg, only seen him the once against sailsbury in the wiltshire premier schield (sic) but he's massive for his age. hard to believe he's only 16 to be fair.

with him and caton coming through, along with the likes of stroud, holgate, garrard, i'm optimistic about our youth policy.

Garrard now plays for someone like Bishop Stortford......if we're to have a "policy", it will need to be done properly and supported by us all, as these things don't necessarily produce immediate effects...the incipient barracking of Pook by some an obvious example.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:04:35 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
...the incipient barracking of Pook by some an obvious example.

Spot on (as ever)

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:05:53 »

by garrard i obviously meant kyle lapham  Cheesy

i'd genuinely like to see us become a club who brings youngsters up through the ranks, whilst we'll never manage to do it on the scale of a club like crewe, in the current financial situation we could do a lot worse. especially considering the supporters club make a huge contribution to it and have done for quite some time.

it's a shame that some people consider seeing someone like pook playing a failure of the club's transfer policy and managerial structure, as opposed to the fact the club has produced a local born lad capable of playing in the first team.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:07:35 »

Indeed, Pook has been a completely satisfactory performer thus far, and has been one of the better performers in a fair few games too.

If we are to have a decent 'policy' players must be given the chance to adapt to the professional game.

We can't all suddenly bring through the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Neville (G), Butt et al.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:10:34 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Indeed, Pook has been a completely satisfactory performer thus far, and has been one of the better performers in a fair few games too.

If we are to have a decent 'policy' players must be given the chance to adapt to the professional game.

We can't all suddenly bring through the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Neville (G), Butt et al.

Exactly......
Asher

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:13:17 »

Hes pleased me, lets not forget hes not played 20 games yet and some twats on here think he should be like a gerrard etc.  Pisses me off to be fair
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2005, 23:26:58 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
i'm getting his name on the back of my shirt
I started this trend 5 months ago, soon everybody will.

http://thetownend.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4945
Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 10, 2005, 00:19:47 »

read somewhere else that there are plans afoot to drop the youth policy altogether I presumed it was jiggerypokery, anyone herd anything different?

I always liked the Spud and did think he would eventually become a regular, nothing spectacular but good enough for this level.  Must admit it was disappointing to see him go and I thought a tad harsh and possibly a little rash at the time.

No idea how he’s getting on but presumably it was the right call in the long run?

Bulman is another who has been given a fair bit of stick admittedly I haven’t seen the lad but for such a young keeper it must be soul destroying for the lads confidence.

So many of the first team squad are not long out of respective youth set-ups there’s magnificent potential to develop under the right environment.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 10, 2005, 08:43:01 »

The problem is that we need to get these lads on decent contracts before any 'big' clubs come along and poach them. Chelsea have just done it down the road at rovers. They got one for the future for £200k through a tribunal- the gas wanted £350k.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Asher

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 10, 2005, 08:47:18 »

With Iffy and Woan now in charge I can see the youth being given chances!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: