Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashton joins Norwich for £3m  (Read 2274 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 09:02:45 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4154655.stm

Ignoring the fact that he's born in Swindon, of course, look at his goal scoring stats compared to Sammy here:

Ashton
Parkin

Fair enough Ashton's played in Division 1 for two seasons, but Sammy's got a better goals per game record - his loan periods excepted - so if we got half of what Norwich have paid for Ashton I'd be happy!
Trowbridge Red

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 11:31:50 »

I think Sam would have to play in The Championship before anyone would pay the sort of release clause he is rumoured to have in his contract.

Clubs have had a look but i don't think they will pay that sort of money for him until he proves himself in the league above.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 16:18:22 »

i don't mind him staying here at all.  Cheesy
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 16:48:07 »

Ashton is a far, far better all-round footballer than Parkin. Although Parkin is just as good a finisher.
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 19:41:11 »

I am surprised he didn't get snapped up sooner. I think Norwich was a bad move for him also...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 11:23:14 »

It's a massive gamble for Norwich, although he will do well for them next season in the Championship!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 11:33:00 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Ashton is a far, far better all-round footballer than Parkin. Although Parkin is just as good a finisher.

I don't think Sam's finishing has been that great this season, he's had a few chances this season which he missed that last season would have ended up in the onion bag.
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 23:20:40 »

Ashton left Swindon when he was a wee nipper so we can't really make to much noise about missing out.

Half of his development seems to be because of the old goat Gradi, had he have signed for us I have no doubt that King would be now using him as a left wing back.

Hell of a fee mind for a "Championship" player.  Especially given Earnshaw and Bobby Zamora the most recent big money 1st divsion strikers to make the step up, commanding a million and not making a mark.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: