Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The City game.....  (Read 1685 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 15:24:34 »

hey guys, just thought id post my thoughts on the city game. the news that the game will be on sky sports extra and not sky sports 1 will hopefully add to the attendance. but i cant see it being more than 8000, probably nearer the 7000 mark. shame because attractive fixtures in this league dont come around v often.

we need another 40 (roughly) points to survive the drop, from the remaining 30 games. thats 1.3 per game. we really cannot afford to keep drawing games, city is a MUST win game, if you look at the table its v close all the way up the league apart from us to 23rd. if we can draw level on points with 23rd, we can really push up league easily. if we dont win on friday the gap will increase and will become very difficult to catch up. we need to drag city down by beating them.

we can def win this one, so get everyone down to CG on friday night

COME ON SWINDON !!!!!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 15:28:53 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
hey guys, just thought id post my thoughts on the city game. the news that the game will be on sky sports extra and not sky sports 1 will hopefully add to the attendance. but i cant see it being more than 8000, probably nearer the 7000 mark. shame because attractive fixtures in this league dont come around v often.

we need another 40 (roughly) points to survive the drop, from the remaining 30 games. thats 1.3 per game. we really cannot afford to keep drawing games, city is a MUST win game, if you look at the table its v close all the way up the league apart from us to 23rd. if we can draw level on points with 23rd, we can really push up league easily. if we dont win on friday the gap will increase and will become very difficult to catch up. we need to drag city down by beating them.

we can def win this one, so get everyone down to CG on friday night

COME ON SWINDON !!!!!

In a variety of ways I suppose 20ish extra that I know will be there (compared to Kings last game that is).

Personally I'd like all the pubs to put the U21 game on their TV's instead.  Half of them didn't put the away leg of the Brighton game on anyway so it's not like they'd be doing anything abnormal.  lets remove all avenues for people to watch the game (anyone able to block satelittle transmitters?)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 15:34:20 »

I take it walkabout will not be showing the match on Friday sticking to their policy of not showing Swindon games.  I'd love us to make the Cup Final one year and see if they'd make an exception.  VVankers!
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 16:31:46 »

how much extra do people have to pay to watch the game on ss extra? hope its lost to discourage people from staying at home, also does anyone know how much stfc will get from sky for coverage of the game?? isnt it something like 75k? or am i way off the mark?!

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 16:32:01 »

how much extra do people have to pay to watch the game on ss extra? hope its lost to discourage people from staying at home, also does anyone know how much stfc will get from sky for coverage of the game?? isnt it something like 75k? or am i way off the mark?!

unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 16:36:06 »

You get £75k for FA Cup games, which are televised in the early stages of the tournament.  You get more tv money from reaching the quarters, semis, final etc.  It said in the adver a while back that we will get around £30k from Sky for this game.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 16:51:19 »

do u think the money from sky would be enough to offset the loss in attendance revenue as a result of it being televised? ie is the club better off having a game televised or not ?

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 16:55:02 »

do u think the money from sky would be enough to offset the loss in attendance revenue as a result of it being televised? ie is the club better off having a game televised or not ?

I think we're much better off with the game televised.  I cannot see the County Ground losing more than 1000 people in attendence figures on Friday night due to the game being televised, and when this is also offset against costs of stewarding etc. it's not too big a loss.

Only fans who do not live in the surrounding area, and those who are more casual observers than fans, may be tempted to give this one a miss, but personally as a Swindon fan I wouldn't miss it for the world.  I think the money from the TV rights is a godsend.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 16:55:49 »

I think we're much better off with the game televised.  I cannot see the County Ground losing more than 1000 people in attendence figures on Friday night due to the game being televised, and when this is also offset against costs of stewarding etc. it's not too big a loss.

Only fans who do not live in the surrounding area, and those who are more casual observers than fans, may be tempted to give this one a miss, but personally as a Swindon fan I wouldn't miss it for the world.  I think the money from the TV rights is a godsend.
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 17:32:29 »

Im not so sure. I think the attendance will be around the 6,800 mark. City only bringing 1600 fans.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 17:49:21 »

I rang the ticket office earlier and city have only sold 700 tickets so far.  The bloke on the phone said that ticket sales are steady and we should get 6500-7000 "if we are lucky".  The man also said that the tv money from Sky should be more than enough to cover money lost from fans not going to the game.  I am probably going in the Nationwide stand for the first time in ages, although I am very tempted to go in the Townend. Beers Nationwide has a great view though, so I'll probably end up there.
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 7, 2005, 18:18:11 »

Go just to see if you can get on tv  Cheesy

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2005, 19:25:23 »

6500-7000 is pathetic for this kinda game! we really should be satisified with 10k+ and no less

Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2005, 19:44:06 »

Welcome to the real world.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2005, 21:36:50 »

the real world is crap come visit my dream world.....10k for scunny at home, sell out v city scum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: