Poll
Question: what has been ur proudest, most happy moment supportingSTFC?  (Voting closed: Friday, November 4, 2005, 22:41:34)
winning playoff final against sunderland - 1 (7.7%)
winning playoff final against leicester - 9 (69.2%)
league cup winners 1969 - 1 (7.7%)
division 1 champions 1995 - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what has been ur proudest, most happy moment supportingSTFC?  (Read 1888 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 22:41:34 »

im only 21 years old, so my proudest moment has to be the playoff final win against leicester. i was brought up on a diet of success with the town, a trend that i thought would continue well into the future. how wrong i was! but come rain or shine i will support swindon because they will always be my team. BTW, please feel free to add other high points of STFC that i have not mentioned!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 22:54:37 »

proudest... clapping the lads off at shighton in 2004, they were heroic that night, what might have been

happiest... too many to even think about

i fucking love this club  Cool
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 23:01:42 »

Lots of stuff I could put on here.

Earliest moments are the cup runs of 79-80, then the promotion season of 85-86 and the match against Chester when we clinched promotion and you knew the good times were going to continue.

Selhurst Park a year later, I was pinching myself after that.

Wembley 1990, that whole season was my favourite ever..

I could continue but there's just too many to put down here.
STFC Village

« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 23:11:57 »

I had to vote for the Division 1 Champions (think it was Div 2 actually), as that's the only one of those i've been a Town fan for
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 23:39:58 »

For me its winning the old div 4. Winning against Chester 4-2 at home (in front 13500) to be promoted and going away to Mansfield 1-1 to become champions...

Oh....... the days!!!!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 23:45:47 »

Mine was when we brought out this kit;

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/Edinburgh_STFC/Kit.jpg

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 00:07:35 »

the 95 season was good! i was too young to remember 1993
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 00:22:50 »

My proudest moment, although certainly not the happiest, was attending the funeral of Kevin Morris.

There were maybe another dozen fans, but a great tiurnout of old players and managers etc who carried the coffin.

It was in the old St Margaret's church in Stratton..and seeing fellas like Macari, Hoddle, Gorman, Colin Calderwood, Don Rogers, John Trollope, and the likes of Eddie Buckley all present was more than enough to bring a lump to the throat.

One Jimmy Saville....
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 00:50:19 »

That must have been a sight. Morris was a legend, and it was always a laugh seeing him come steaming on the pitch. Tragic what happened to him though.
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 06:08:27 »

Play Off final against Leicester, great day from start to finish, just a shame i was too young to drink.  Beers
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 12:15:26 »

Difficult one, probably coming from 2-0 down on agregate to take Gillingham to a replay at Selhurst park in 1987.

Closely followed by the Sunderland play-off win.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 12:23:18 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
I had to vote for the Division 1 Champions (think it was Div 2 actually), as that's the only one of those i've been a Town fan for

it was div 2, and it was 1996 aswell
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 13:17:28 »

I don't have a proudest moment Cool Maybe reaching the playoffs a couple of years ago.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 13:24:55 »

clinching a place in the playoffs at stoke was amazing,the atmosphere was out of this world.stoke got relegated that day but sang their hearts out,we packed out the away end.you dont get atmosphere like that anymore
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 14:11:09 »

Quote from: "arriba"
clinching a place in the playoffs at stoke was amazing,the atmosphere was out of this world.stoke got relegated that day but sang their hearts out,we packed out the away end.you dont get atmosphere like that anymore

That was a fantastic day as well, couldn't believe how many Swindon fans were there.

Stoke took the lead, from memory Shearer equalized 60 seconds later with a header. Players came out at the end in various states of clothes etc, and the photo was on the Blackburn play off programme. I can just make myself out behind the goal.

That would rate as one of my best away days ever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: