Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STROUD  (Read 2868 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 17:05:25 »

According to the commentary-looks like we have a player who could be better than his footballing father

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 17:06:29 »

lets hope so!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 17:11:54 »

Quote from: "adje"
According to the commentary-looks like we have a player who could be better than his footballing father

I recall Kenny's debut v QPR in Sept 71.....15000 in the CG....Jimmy Allan also made his debut.....both went on to play 300+ games.

Lets not get carried away Kenny was a class act....David will be doing well to emulate him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 17:21:53 »

I was a big fan of Sir Kenneth of Stroud-its just that we've never had a son who's been as good as his dad,it's just wishful thinking on my part,and its a big "could".

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
SwindonFan

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 17:23:40 »

What about Frank Lampard Jnr??
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 17:25:36 »

Quote from: "SwindonFan"
What about Frank Lampard Jnr??

I know Lampard had a spell on loan at Swansea, but I don't recall him or dad playing for STFC.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 20:17:01 »

Stroud was very impressive today.

Took to league football, like a duck to water.

Gave thier right back loads of trouble, looks like a proper old school winger. Got tired towards the end.

Fantastic debut tho...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 20:42:34 »

the new don rogers
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 20:44:54 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
the new don rogers

Steady on SY....it was nice to see the peeps from the North Wilts League throw a surprise 60th for DR in the Winners yesterday.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 29, 2005, 20:58:40 »

Kenny Stroud was a stocky and not that tall center back, who got forward, and had a shot like a rocket, for example cup ties, Spurs (brilliant save) and Everton (scored).  He always played with enthusiasm, and maximum effort.  One of my all time favorite players.

IF YOU NEVER SAW DON ROGERS PLAY GET SOME VIDEO, DON WAS A GENIUS.  IF HE WERE PLAYING TODAY, WITH THE RULE CHANGES, CHELSEA MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN HIM.  HE WAS THAT GOOD AT DESTROYING THE BEST DEFENCES.  THERE WAS PELE THERE WAS BEST AND THERE WAS DON ROGERS.  BEST DOESN'T RATE BECKHAM BUT HE CETAINLY RATED DON ROGERS.
STFC Village

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 30, 2005, 02:42:43 »

He was excellent, very impressed. Looked knackered by the end, but the fitness will come
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 30, 2005, 07:57:59 »

by the sounds of it, stroud will probably play next saturday surely? give him another shot in thecup game. would you lot throw him in against city though!?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 30, 2005, 12:13:05 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"
Kenny Stroud was a stocky and not that tall center back, who got forward, and had a shot like a rocket, for example cup ties, Spurs (brilliant save) and Everton (scored).  He always played with enthusiasm, and maximum effort.  One of my all time favorite players.

IF YOU NEVER SAW DON ROGERS PLAY GET SOME VIDEO, DON WAS A GENIUS.  IF HE WERE PLAYING TODAY, WITH THE RULE CHANGES, CHELSEA MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN HIM.  HE WAS THAT GOOD AT DESTROYING THE BEST DEFENCES.  THERE WAS PELE THERE WAS BEST AND THERE WAS DON ROGERS.  BEST DOESN'T RATE BECKHAM BUT HE CETAINLY RATED DON ROGERS.

I've got one of those old Danny Baker videos, I think called "Right Hammerings" and it's got action of Crystal Palace 5 Man Utd 0 from Dec 72 on it, just after Don had joined them.

He scored two and set up 2 that day and looked really good. That and the League Cup final is all I've seen of him, wish there was more stuff available.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 30, 2005, 20:19:44 »

Did make me laugh how many people I had to tell who 'that number 29 is'.

I told one guy and he said 'who's Stroud?' ... erm...
Northern Red

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 31, 2005, 11:02:06 »

I arrived late - so had to work out the team via numbers and faces - no programme
I only found out who "number 29" was on Sunday  Oops

Took me about 10 minutes to work out who the baldy was   Oops  (that be Gurney)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: