Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Embrace  (Read 2533 times)
McLovin

« on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 15:13:07 »

Am i the only one that is both shocked and appalled at the acclaim Embrace are currently receiving?!  Their new album, and all of their new single releases are being lapped up by critics everywhere who are getting moist on hearing most of their dull new offerings.

Aside from about 4 decent tunes, they are responsible for 4 atrocious albums. I for one was very happy when they were dropped from their label, only to be bitten on the arse by their 'comeback'.

Rant over.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 16:49:19 »

It's a sense of deja vous! They had critical acclaim the first time and basically their songs were wank. Haven't heard new album for this reason.

The only songs i like from them is maybe their last two singles and also "Come back to what you Know"  Oops
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 16:52:10 »

Their cover of D 12's How Come is safe as Windsor Davies but apart from that I don't like them much.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 17:31:28 »

I remember seeing them a couple of years back when I was visiting a mate up at Hull University.

There must have only been about 400 people there many of which walked of mid-set to go to the bar.

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 17:39:13 »

my mate has just bought there album, i have heard worst bands.
lebowski

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 17:47:51 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Am i the only one that is both shocked and appalled at the acclaim Embrace are currently receiving?!  Their new album, and all of their new single releases are being lapped up by critics everywhere who are getting moist on hearing most of their dull new offerings.

Aside from about 4 decent tunes, they are responsible for 4 atrocious albums. I for one was very happy when they were dropped from their label, only to be bitten on the arse by their 'comeback'.

Rant over.

yeah, it is terrible, but i'm even more appalled that they have 4 albums? who keeps on buying this turgid insipid soulless crap?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 00:59:35 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"

Rant over.

yeah, it is terrible, but i'm even more appalled that they have 4 albums? who keeps on buying this turgid insipid soulless crap?

Johno's mate
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 21:21:23 »

hes got 1 album!

my other mates describe it 'as i wet the bed music'?  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: