Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jamie Cullum - Swindon fan?  (Read 13791 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 18:01:29 »

People spew out of games early at pretty much every stadium in the country.

I went to USA vs. Colombia at Craven Cottage last month and I ran out of the ground to beat the crowds right as the referee blew up for Full-Time. Pretty much everyone stayed until the end so it was quite odd not having to dodge through people to get to what I expected to be a busy Tube.
Stevens

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 19:28:52 »

Seconded.

Stevens...you're on your own.
ieve

Fair enough
Where did getting away from the ground come from, I believe you just seconded.

We are about 1,000 fans down this season on where we should be - a better side this season, playing good football - why aren't the fans coming?

The price of a ticket? - Maybe
The Facilities? - Maybe
The price of parking your Car? - Maybe
Getting Away from the ground - NO

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 20:51:30 »

I'm not sure we are 1000 fans down, are we?

Even if we are, and tbf I agree attendances have been disappointing for how well we're playing and where we are in the league, I would put that down to:

1. The boardroom nonsense, and general negativity, in the summer (I know quite a few ST holders who didn't renew for that reason)
2. As well as we did last season overall, lets be honest the football was often pretty dull at times
3. Attendances are down generally, aren't they? Doubt its just us.

Anyway, if attendances are down on last season then its unlikely to be down to the facilities, price or parking, given that they're all the same this season as they were last.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 20:59:31 »

1. The boardroom nonsense, and general negativity, in the summer (I know quite a few ST holders who didn't renew for that reason)

I still think this is the major reason.

Added to the fact that as ST's renewals were such good value compared to single match tickets that once the mess was resolved (although even that is still up in the air) the prices put people off.

The problem is that those supporters that miss a season will be hard to tempt back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 23:17:12 »

I think you have to accept that there is a category of fan that got interested because of pdc and big spending.

Now that buzz has gone so have they.

The fact we are as competitive, and can play some devastating football matters not. Maybe they'll take note if we are still in it later in the season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: