Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jamie Cullum - Swindon fan?  (Read 13859 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 19:26:04 »

his dad is a massive Town fan I know that much
corner

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 19:29:56 »

his dad is a massive Town fan I know that much
Yes his dad is a directors lounge season ticket holder.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 19:42:23 »

Whose Jamie Cullum?

I'm always surprised to find Town fans where ever you go in the Berkshire area - work, pubs, abroad, especially those who supported us in the 60's and 70's but no longer go.
So many conversations in pubs starting who do you support? Swindon - so do I - have you gone recently  - answer no - why - been a couple of times but just not the same, etc, etc, mainly watcy Reading these days or go to non league games.
Why have we lost so many supporters?

Its not the same but they go and watch the plastics? Could understand going to watch Borussia Dortmund or something if you wanted atmosphere but Reading? I highly doubt they were fans to begin with in the true sense of the word.
Stevens

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 19:51:06 »

Its not the same but they go and watch the plastics? Could understand going to watch Borussia Dortmund or something if you wanted atmosphere but Reading? I highly doubt they were fans to begin with in the true sense of the word.

It's all about facilities isn't it.
Elm Park was a total shithole, the new ground is fantastic lets be truthful, and from having 4,000 fants they now have fantastic support (as long as they are winning (plastics)). I'm sure we always had better support.

Our facilities, though improved all not good enough, to go forward we need to do better.

Fans who live in Swindon always want the ground to be in the centre, being a supporter who comes from mles away, has petrol costs, parking expenses, pays over the odds for a 1st division match - that is the reason we are losing supporters.

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 20:07:21 »

It's all about facilities isn't it.
Elm Park was a total shithole, the new ground is fantastic lets be truthful, and from having 4,000 fants they now have fantastic support (as long as they are winning (plastics)). I'm sure we always had better support.

Our facilities, though improved all not good enough, to go forward we need to do better.

Fans who live in Swindon always want the ground to be in the centre, being a supporter who comes from mles away, has petrol costs, parking expenses, pays over the odds for a 1st division match - that is the reason we are losing supporters.

So you'd rather have us in a soulless, 1/3 full, identikit bowl somewhere next to the M4?

No thanks.
Stevens

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 20:22:39 »

So you'd rather have us in a soulless, 1/3 full, identikit bowl somewhere next to the M4?

No thanks.
If it means having 20,000 fans inside a stadium with great facilities at the same price, then yes.

The county grond has no atmosphere, facilities or o awful, and it has no soul anymore, the ground has had its day

I've supported Town for nearly 50 years and will to I'm in the burner, loved the old days, but now, NO.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 20:38:44 »

If it means having 20,000 fans inside a stadium with great facilities at the same price, then yes.

Can't argue with that.

But, you can't assume that new ground automatically = 20,000 crowds and premier league football. See Darlington, etc.

As for no atmosphere or soul - that's, in general, just modern football unfortunately.

Be careful what you wish for  Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 20:55:44 »

I wouldn't say Readings' support was fantastic

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 21:13:50 »

Everything about this bump screams of non-football Saturdays.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, December 6, 2014, 22:10:08 »

I'm someone who travels miles to watch Swindon, has to worry about parking & petrol costs, and I would much rather stay at the county ground than end up at a ground like Colchester which is in the middle of nowhere.

And having driven to the Madjeski before, it was a nightmare to get out of after the game, much worse than getting away from the CG.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 12:14:36 »

I'm someone who travels miles to watch Swindon, has to worry about parking & petrol costs, and I would much rather stay at the county ground than end up at a ground like Colchester which is in the middle of nowhere.

And having driven to the Madjeski before, it was a nightmare to get out of after the game, much worse than getting away from the CG.

Seconded.

Stevens...you're on your own.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 12:41:24 »

I've seen some fantastic atmospheres at the County Ground week in, week out. The stadium is not the issue where atmosphere is concerned.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 12:42:10 »

Reading fans I know leave the Madjeski 5 or 10 minutes before the end, whatever the score. If they don't they'll be lucky to get out of the car park before 5.30.
There's a new station approved for Green Park so that might help things when completed.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 17:53:03 »

The same Reading 'fans' that hand out hymn sheets before games! Plastic wankers!

I'd really like to play them as it's been a few years since we stuffed them 3-1 at their place and it all went off!

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 17:58:46 »

Reading fans I know leave the Madjeski 5 or 10 minutes before the end, whatever the score. If they don't they'll be lucky to get out of the car park before 5.30.
There's a new station approved for Green Park so that might help things when completed.
plenty of people pour out of the CG at precisely 90 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: