Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Contraversial/Unpopular Post Alert!!!!  (Read 3483 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:15:22 »

Sorry fella's I realise that this is going to go down like Fallon in the penalty area but I have to get this off my chest.

Iffy,

Please see sense, when Rory's ban is over do not recall him.  Yep I accept that he has scored 7 goals and I accept his work rate has improved beyond belief, however, can you not see that when he's on the pitch all our defenders, do is lump it up to him?  We completely bypass our midfield and our wide players struggle to get in the game as a result.

On Saturday as soon as Rory was sent off, we started playing football, no more long hopeful punts up field for our target man to flick on to no one, Christiin and Hameur were given the opportunity to get involved, they ran at the Scunts defence and looked a real menace.

Come on Iffy, I thought you were supposed to be an intelligent man.

Jan

Now waiting for the TEF back lash.
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:19:56 »

What you say makes some sense .. but RF has been our best player this season and to not recall him would be stupidity!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:23:31 »

He's played alright, but whenever he plays our whole team plays shit football.  Hoof it up to him and Rory will then win less than half of those balls and about half of the ones he wins goes to the opposition.

When he doesn't play more of the team get involved.  We have better shape by far.  Whoever partners Rory up front looks shit because they never get the ball.
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:28:30 »

they look shit because they are shit mainly .. just because we have a big man up front we DONT have to play a long ball .. Iffy should be preaching that more!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:30:50 »

But we've been doing that for the last two years, everytime he plays we just knock it long, will Iffy be able to get the team to change?  I doubt it, if not take away the problem.  Players like Bouazza, Roberts and Thorpe will get just as many as Rory could if they were given a decent service.
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:33:24 »

No i dont think they would .. sorry but Rory has to play! :scribe:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:42:49 »

Bloody hell even more contraversial I agree with part of the adver match report

"Onuora was less than impressed when the New Zealander saw yellow for the second time, penalised for an aerial challenge with Scunthorpe’s Peter Hinds.

Oddly enough it proved to be something of a blessing in disguise.

A miserable opening 60 minutes saw sloppy Town pump aimless long balls at an increasingly frustrated Fallon and it was only when he left the pitch that the players were forced to think of a ‘plan B’. That proved to be feeding Roberts and Hameur Bouzza and letting them run at the visiting defence.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:51:35 »

you have a point, but you can't drop him. 7 goals this season...says it all! there vital goals, even if we do still lose!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:55:48 »

But against Oldham and Barnsley we still lumped the ball forward, the only difference being that we didn't win it in the air at all.. there were no quality balls to feet from midfield even though we all knew this was exactly what Thorpe and Cureton thrived on.

It seems to me that the only thing that allows our players to play good football is absolute adversity i.e 3 goals down at home with 10 mins to go or 1 nil down at home with only 10 men. Suddenly they're not expected to get a result, they play some good football and we nearly drew 3-3 with Oldham and could have beaten Scunthorpe 2-1.
You could argue that the only reason we beat forest is because no-one expected us to get a result against them.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:57:27 »

agreed with Brighton!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 09:58:04 »

Against Oldham and Barnsley though the team were still trying to get to know each other.  There should be a better understanding now.  It's a shame we've got Hudders away this weekend as whoever comes in for Rory's not gonna get much of a chance.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 10:24:10 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
But against Oldham and Barnsley we still lumped the ball forward, the only difference being that we didn't win it in the air at all.. there were no quality balls to feet from midfield even though we all knew this was exactly what Thorpe and Cureton thrived on.

exactly. even if fallon wasnt in the team we would still play long balls. i expect iffy to keep the same formation against huddersfield & play shakes or roberts as the lone striker.

when ifil & gurney are playing its always gonna be a long ball game anyway.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 10:28:46 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
Quote from: "BrightonRed"

exactly. even if fallon wasnt in the team we would still play long balls. i expect iffy to keep the same formation against huddersfield & play shakes or roberts as the lone striker.

when ifil & gurney are playing its always gonna be a long ball game anyway.

In fairness Gurney's balls were to feet every time on Saturday without exception.  4-5-1 with Roberts (or Shakes  :?  ) as the lone striker wouldn't work in my opinion.  We just need Roberts up for it - hopefully he will be.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 10:32:22 »

I thought Gurney was ok on Saturday, still far too many Beckham-esque attempts for my liking but when he moved into the middle he played alright.  CCP did well, I did think though that Jenkins was awful, Beagrie made him look shiiiiite.
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 24, 2005, 10:36:19 »

It depends Jan.

If we look a threat and score at H/field then yes Fallon should stay dropped.

If we've got nothing then bring him back.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: