Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: thoughts on scunny game  (Read 1732 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:36:10 »

we were total crap for a large part of the game, scunny looking much the better side. they really should have finished us off within the 1st 60mins or so. lost count of the no. of corners they had. support was good, still the board have alot of work to do to entice more to the CG, 5000 is not good enough. roberts looked poor for most of the game, but i still feel he should start ahead of thorpe and cureton. fallon was very foolish today, firstly, his dive was atrocious, so blatant most of the swindon fans saw that. secondly, to get sent off having being given a final warning 2 mins before is unbelievable. iffy was right to be pissed off about that one, i hope he has a strong word with him before the next game. today all boiled down to one point, scunny were a better side and we were v lucky to get a point. we need wins, a point is worthless. we need to be on promotion form from now on in to get 50 points its not going to happen.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:39:03 »

My thoughts....

Roberts is crap and greedy. I don't understand why he doesn't play like he did at the end all game.

We play better without Fallon as we aren't so one dimensional. Fallon pissed me off today aswell.

Scunthorpe will be in the playoffs come the end of the season.

Billy Sharp will go on to play in the premiership one day.

Despite being crap today, I think we are building on something.

Comyn Platt is superb.

Jack Smith coming back will be good as Nicholas isn't that great.

We miss Steve Robinson.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:41:55 »

I see your point, but Fallon scores the goals.

You can't leave him out!!!

Perhaps Iffy just needs to get it into their heads that Rory is not there as a target, he is there to finish off the move.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 20:43:53 »

Like he did with the goal against Port Vale.

Play it to feet, that's my policy. Or in front of the player so they can run on to it. If we did that more then Thorpe and Cureton may score.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 21:37:05 »

i can see why Cureton and Thorpe cant score for beans now. we just dont create many chances at all. how Fallon has got 8 this season is beyond me. fair play to him!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 08:37:11 »

In some parts of the game they were battering us yes,But I have to say I am very pleased because we really battled hard to get that point.Think about it this way,bottom of the league-striker sent off and we still managed to get a point from a Good side that are up there in the league.We played some good football after the penalty,and you could see the confidence and determination was there which we have definately lacked in recent games.What wound me up was fans on the radio moaning that a point was not good enough.Are they bloody thick?Do they expect us to thrash a team like scunthorpe?We have been on a bad run and now I think that we are slowy getting there and the confidence is creeping back in.The point was not enough but I noticed a change.
I thought Fallon did ok,but looked sleepy in some parts of the game.Bouazza was brilliant again,he is really starting to impress now.Heaton,top dog again.Platt played well and do did Nicho,those are my thoughts on the players.
I thought scunny were a bloody good team,One of the best I've seen so far I think.
So overall I think it was a good point and something to build on and I'm sure the confidence has gone up.
Well done Iffy and the boys,keep it up and hopefully we can get those three points soon Smiley
(Well done to the fans too,Brilliant again!)

RED ARMY
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 09:03:45 »

As we are without Fallon and have a lot of pace up front I think we could scare Huddersfield. How quickly did the Scunny defenders freeze when Roberts was running at them??
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:46:40 »

i think we dont stand a chance next week if im honest. you might find Huddersfield's defence is better Tails. aint they top? i think they were last time i checked
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:50:27 »

They are second.We always seem to do well against the higher teams.Scunny,yeovil,brentford..........we will see what happens!I am quite confident.

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:51:26 »

im not 5-0 to them i think. Abbot has scored nearly double what Fallon has and with our defence there aint a hope in hell!
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:53:08 »

Thats the place to play 4-5-1. Not at crap teams like Tranmere and Walsall.

Might as well go for the 0-0 to be honest. That is a nailed on home win of nailed on home wins.  Crying
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:55:03 »

Just get Ifil back in to beat up Abbott again.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:56:56 »

Beast Will ave him Cheesy

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:58:06 »

Abbot is a pussy though so maybe that will work  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print