Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Igoe and Howard  (Read 3964 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 8, 2005, 22:20:00 »

these two have been getting constant bad reports recently, and today showed again that maybe these two just don't want it enough.

Igoe has been improvin to be fair to him, so maybe too harsh. Howard however just lacks everything, maybe too fat, it is obvious!
Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 8, 2005, 22:44:07 »

May i just add both are wingers being forced to play in centre midfield
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 00:33:04 »

May I just ad dJohno is a dickhead.  Radio commentary stated Igoe wanted it enough.  Did you go or did you watch Calne?  Have to say I annot believe you are raising this, its not fair.  We were at Hillsboroough, not some 2 bit div 3 wannabe side.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 08:27:49 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
May I just ad dJohno is a dickhead.  Radio commentary stated Igoe wanted it enough.  Did you go or did you watch Calne?  Have to say I annot believe you are raising this, its not fair.  We were at Hillsboroough, not some 2 bit div 3 wannabe side.
I was there. Igoe gave up in the second half. Head went down. No heart when it got tough. Lucky to stay on.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 11:30:48 »

Igoe was the only spark and I can think of three chances he created off the top of my head.

Howard was shit.
Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 11:34:02 »

Obviously you didn't go Walrus which doesn't really mean you can comment only on Radio views. Igoe was terrible especially when he sets higher standards for himself. He's a match winner and this isn't the only occasion he has under preformed this season. He was shite yesterday second half mis passes no movement and it's shocked me King didn't take him off, well it didn't.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 13:00:29 »

Johno - sorry that was out of order, but I was drunk when I posted that.

No I didn't go but I'm annoyed (that is very annoying when you write s i c k you get that stupid emoticon come up) of people having a pop at Igoe.  The guy is vital in the team, and the only player of recent times I'd rather see there is the legend that is Danny Invincibile.

He is a creative, sparky player, so can be on the player for 89 minutes and do nothing, but if in the final minute he sets up a goal, he's served his purpose.  The problem is, he hasn't been creating recently.  I can't remember who said this but: When Igoe plays well Swindon do well, and vice versa.  He is a massive influence on the side in my opinion, along with Howard.

The criticisms of Howard I find unfair though.  The guy does try his socks off and having seen him after the home match against Torquay he looked geniunely mortified.  He's not the fat, big-time charlie people make him out to be.  Yes he's a little flashy, but you want that in a winger.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 13:19:39 »

You can turn emoticons off.
Look
sick sick sick sick sick sick
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 16:41:30 »

no i was at hillsbrough. Igoe was okay, but Howard wasn't good. they can both do better. maybe a little harsh, but still they have set them sefls high expectations.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 17:38:50 »

I think Igoe has been massively improved in terms of form and desire recently.

To be fair to Fatty, I think his desire has improved too, he's just out of form.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 17:43:28 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
I think Igoe has been massively improved in terms of form and desire recently.

To be fair to Fatty, I think his desire has improved too, he's just out of form.

He should have the desire to win...we're his last hope of being part of a Championship team
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 10:42:25 »

Howard isn't forced to play there, he actually thinks he is a central midfield player. It's where he wants to play. I think if that is his ambition he really should be putting in the extra training to get his stamina and work rate up. He doesn't have the engine, and this is what makes it look like he's not bothered in matches. The truth is, he is just knackered.

Can't tackle either though. He was soooopoyb last year on the wing, getting in crosses, and th occasional burst into the area.
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 11:20:06 »

Howard and Igoe have massivley underperformed this season.

We'd be in the play off positions if both or either had been consistantly decent so far this season.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 12:34:09 »

I think that statement can be applied to more than just those two, although they are the main culprits...
Melksham Red

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 12:35:30 »

[May i just add both are wingers being forced to play in centre midfield ]

Howard is a winger playing in the middle whereas Igoe is actually a central midfielder who plays off the front two who is made to play on the wing.

last season these two were awesome playing in their correct positions.
Howard left, Igoe in the middle. [/quote]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: