Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale Matchday Thread  (Read 5328 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 13:58:32 »

Crap result once again. Sounds like both teams were poor to be honest. Just where do we go from here?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 13:58:38 »

Its not looking good. Well done to the 4,500 or so that went to cheer on the team.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 13:59:22 »

Quote from: "coxernator"
Crap result once again. Sounds like both teams were poor to be honest. Just where do we go from here?

Up? :roll:

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 14:02:54 »

For the record, we play OK first half, take the lead, a poor refereeing decision + a deflected free kick peg us back, then a defensive error costs us a another goal. Heads drop, no ideas, another defeat.

Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 14:34:22 »

Vale were very very poor. As were we, draw would've been a fair result IMO. Vale don't deserve to be in 6th or wherever they are..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 14:37:02 »

We were good in the first half i thought.  The passing was veracious and the players were trying hard.  Pook had the best game i've seen him play and Bouazza played well up front linking with the midfield well and done a couple of nice crosses when he went out wide.  The defence seemed ok apart from a stupid mistake that let them have their goal.  The only weakness in the first half was they had long period of times where Port Vale had a lot of possesion and no-one really wanted to take it from them untill they were close to the area.

The second half consisted of both teams being just as bad as each other and a lucky goal for them.  Ben Wells moved into the right positions and only had couple of touches but seemed ok.  Nothing much more to say other than that.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 14:39:53 »

I'd agree. First half was good. Quality goal. Quality passes. Their flukey goal went in- our heads dropped.

Think Fallons goal celebration was to do with the paintballing...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
santini

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 14:50:20 »

No anticipation cost us dear. Too much ball watching from midfield. No one getting on the end of moves. Fallon can't be in two places at once.

Our major problem remains in midfield. Heath has had enough chances but is having little impact. McDermott laid in one decent ball and we scored from it. Otherwise neither did anything of note. Pook worked his socks off again. Who was the other midfielder ... oh yes ... Where's Whalley???

Ifil looked back to his best especially in one on one situations.
Jenks was composed and did well to last out.
Smith's bubble has burst - no overlaps, no threat going forward, no crosses
kick_ass1987

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 15:17:52 »

elsterap, can you change your avatar please, cos i can never concentrate enough to read anything you write, with charlotte church bouncing around in the corner of my eye  Soapy Tit Wank
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 15:48:54 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Quote from: "coxernator"

Up? :roll:

Or down at the end of the season !  Sad

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Danjackson10

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 16:02:21 »

Afternoon lads and lasses! I went to the game and Im lost for words! How much more can ew give as fans for so little return, its nuts! Well done to rob for organising the loud and proud campaign! Fair play mate!
stfc_08

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 16:09:48 »

Started off really well... fans were great though seemed to quiten during the second half. Fallon's goal was great, we created nothing in the second half. Vale's goals were lucky... mistake from Heaton. Once again a happy start dampened by a sad ending.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 18:56:45 »

Different game same shit.

I really don't know how we get out of this, the squad isn't good enough.  I can't see I-I-Iffy getting budget until Thorpe and Cuero piss off and who knows if anyone will want them. Even then will he have the contacts to get us what we need?

1-0 up after a great goal and we look good. Then we stop playing. This team seems unable too battle, some of that is confidence but not all of it. They were ppoor goals and in a way we were unlucky, for about the 8th time in a row. Except that can't all be bad luck, it's got to be indicative of something far more serious.

If we were 6 points off the playoffs I'd think "only 2 wins away" but being at the basement 2 games seems like 20.

And WTF has happend to Heaton? He seems to have gone from Evans beater to Bullman in 8 games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: