Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandy Gray  (Read 2945 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 22:47:11 »

Devlin said that he had a look at the fans forums and was shocked by the criticism she has recieved. And to be fair some of it has been well out of order (if only in football fan jest and exasperation that this is now the figure head of our club).

So Il put it in language that Mark can understand. Sandy Gray is NEVER  EVER  Chief Executive material in a real business environment. He said she does a lot of work, but thats like saying Tesco's most prolific shelf stacker should be the director. The pauses, the mumbling, the missing the point, its awful. You need that quality, no amount of public relations courses will give that to Gray. No one will ever believe that she is competant and intelligent after hearing her speak, its fingers down a black board cringeworthyness.

So lets not FUCK about!!!! We dont have the time. Its not a sexist thing, or a beauty contest. Mark Devlin is now Chief Executive. He's got the respect of everyone who hears him speak, he can take us places.

And fair play to the bloke who came out and said we need a chairman who will lead from the front. I felt sorry for Mike Spearman next to him, he was the one who tried the whole Carson for chairman thing. Mike Spearman is a top top bloke and was a great chairman for us and a proper loyal fan. I just hope Mike doesnt feel bad, cos at least he tried something.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 23:27:30 »

She has trouble putting sentances together ffs  :?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 01:19:23 »

Devlin, if you're listening, grab this fucking club by the horns and turn it back into the play-off challenging side you promoted in 2003/2004.  Sandy Gray should never be allowed anyway near a microphone in front of the public, and her business interests are dubious to say the least.  Currently, I am embarrassed to state the club I support, with the directors, the manager and the players being seemingly more interested in keeping the wage bill under control than results on the pitch.  The situation we find ourselves in is fucking rediculous, financial belt or no financial restrictions.

Sort it out.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 01:55:44 »

Hang on a minute gentlemen ! What makes you so qualified to say that Sandy Gray is not Chief Exec material ? Do you know what a Chief Exec does ? Let me help. Generally, a Chief Exec does the following:

LEADER
· Advises the Board
· Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to organization mission
· Supports motivation of employees in organization products/programs and operations

VISIONARY / INFORMATION BEARER
· Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information
· Looks to the future for change opportunities
· Interfaces between Board and employees
· Interfaces between organization and community

DECISION MAKER
· Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board
· Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff

MANAGER
· Oversees operations of organization
· Implements plans
· Manages human resources of organization
· Manages financial and physical resources

BOARD DEVELOPER
· Assists in the selection and evaluation of board members
· Makes recommendations, supports Board during orientation and self-evaluation
· Supports Board's evaluation of Chief Executive

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but you are judging the woman on the fact that she has a speech impediment and does not appear to be a good speaker. What is she like in the other aspects of her job ? Do you have insight into that ?

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 06:17:36 »

Oh do fuck off. Hows about number 1 for Chief Exec - you inspire confidence and have the respect of the people below you? When she was asked how much we got for Sam Parkin last night she said 'some money'. Everyone just did this nervous laugh 'wahey' thing taking the piss. She also admitted that they want a new stadium but have got no real plans to do anything about it. The Trust asked her if she had consulted the athletics track and the cricket club and guess what the answer was. But the trust had got hold of them.

And she forgot to calculate the VAT last april, for which we almost went under.

So yes I am judging Sandy Gray. AND NO SHE AINT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Nice cut and paste BTW.  :roll:
Asher

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 07:54:19 »

Sandy Gray would not be in a job in any other job after that VAT error.  First thing I was taught in accountancy was you have ledgers and guess what one of them was....a VAT ledger.  You charge the 17.5% and put it a side, its a joke she missed it!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 08:16:34 »

It said it all when someone said

'my mate now wants to come back now King has gone, however he was told he either had to pay the full 360 for his season ticket or wait till Christmas to get a half season ticket'

Gray responded with....along the lines of.....its the ticket guys fault, we will sell season tickets to anyone anytime...

yeah that wasnt the point, it was the fact he'll have to shell out the full 360 despite the fact we're 5 matches in at home :roll:

I cant really comment on what she does in the back ground, but sadly a public speaker she is not. If she does all this supposed fantastic work in the background leave her there, because as its been mentioned she doesnt fill me with confidence.
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 08:19:01 »

He shouldn't have been an idiot stay-away fan then.  Serves him right. :x
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 08:40:37 »

considering the target was 4,000 season tickets and we have about 2,500 the club shouldnt be over fussy really.
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 08:47:10 »

I'd charge him more for damaging the club by staying away... Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 08:54:44 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I'd charge him more for damaging the club by staying away... Wink

I'd welcome him back with open arms and charge him less!
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 09:28:07 »

That's why you aren't in charge.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 09:39:57 »

That's why you aren't in charge.

........far be it for us to think of getting extra fans in, terrible.
McLovin

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 09:47:32 »

that bloke obviously isn't a fan if he can boycott his club just because he doesn't like the little fat bald bloke picking the team.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 09:57:48 »

that bloke obviously isn't a fan if he can boycott his club just because he doesn't like the little fat bald bloke picking the team.

Thats not the point though, he wants to come back and we arent in a position where we can pick and choose our supports.

He wants a season ticket, so bloody well give him one. At least then he has paid a massive wad of cash upfront. If he wants to boycott again who cares we have his cash.

I just think its a bit harsh he is charged the full £360 seen as we are 5 games in. Each game worth around £15.66 a game. That means 5 games is worth £78.26. This should be taken off the season ticket prices and he should only be charged £281.74
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: