Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: someone take me to brentford  (Read 8344 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 18:25:48 »

Loads of pubs open secretly from 7am. Both clubs have hundreds of affiliated bars across Glasgow and the whole region. Word of mouth but very hush hush.

To be fair though having the two sets of supporters drinking away hidden in their own supporters clubs cannae be the worst thing for Strathclyde police. Its open bars where the supporters mix that cause the trouble, and at 11am on a sunday of them there are few!

Course they all go on bash each other afterwards of course. Glasgow city centre gets shut down.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 18:52:22 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Loads of pubs open secretly from 7am. Both clubs have hundreds of affiliated bars across Glasgow and the whole region. Word of mouth but very hush hush.

To be fair though having the two sets of supporters drinking away hidden in their own supporters clubs cannae be the worst thing for Strathclyde police. Its open bars where the supporters mix that cause the trouble, and at 11am on a sunday of them there are few!

Course they all go on bash each other afterwards of course. Glasgow city centre gets shut down.

I can't even begin to imagine the atmosphere at an old firm game. The Edinburgh derby can be pretty tasty but nothing compared to the Old Firm I would imagine.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spencer_White

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 18:57:13 »

Thing with the old firm is that both sets of supporters are spoilt on success. If the game is tight and the fans are nervous it can be pretty quiet in the ground. Neither side can face loosing. As soon as either team takes the lead it goes nuts.

Whereas something like the Edinburgh derby the fans just go at it never mind the game cos they are used to having to actually support the team rather than just 'sing when ur winnin' as it were.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 19:03:34 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Thing with the old firm is that both sets of supporters are spoilt on success. If the game is tight and the fans are nervous it can be pretty quiet in the ground. Neither side can face loosing. As soon as either team takes the lead it goes nuts.

Whereas something like the Edinburgh derby the fans just go at it never mind the game cos they are used to having to actually support the team rather than just 'sing when ur winnin' as it were.

Good point Spencer. Although at the final whistle in this season's derby there was hardly any Hobos left! Probably because they were dicked!

Annoyingly, there is a good chance that I may not get a ticket for Easter Road later this month due to demand, even though I have a season ticket. 11,000 into 3,000 just won't go!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: