Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4-5-1 for Town?  (Read 2342 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:21:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
King tried this....its what you do when Plan A doesn't work....trouble is with our sack of shit you could try anything you liked to no avail.

I've written this season off....I'll try very hard not to harp on the football stuff....and stick to the bollox.

You worry me when you say stuff like that, as you're invariably right.  The comments you made on Cureton in the bosman signings thread have seemingly shown up to be semi-true at the very least.

I can't understand the extreme pessimism at the moment amongst certain quarters, currently only briefly quelled by a change in manager.  We do have a better squad of players than a lot of teams in the division, on paper at least.

I had a similar idea admittedly to Fatbury re.: 4-5-1, but came to the conclusion that at this level any formation without 2 strikers up front becomes defensive, as there simply isn't the quality for a patient build-up via the midfield before entering the box.  Whilst Swindon don't play route 1, we don't play neat short passing either.  Our personnel may suit a 4-5-1, but our league doesn't.
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:26:17 »

was on hols when they were on ... hence why I didnt know it was soooo so bad  :?
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:49:23 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Been having a good think about tactics and perhaps a 4-5-1 might be better for us.

With Rory up front alone and Roberts and Shakes or Curo out wide ?

Then we can have 3 central midfielders and keep possession more??

Plus give better cover to the centre backs.

I feel we need a new central mid with experience but the side would perhaps look like this??

Evans (when fit again!)
Jenkins O'Hanlon Ifil Nicholas
Shakes Migz (when fit) New Midfielder Pook Roberts
Fallon

What do u think? :|

Noooo thanks. I see your point but we need to win games. And theres no chance i would even think of playin Cureton if i was manager. And to think we have him on a two year contract!!!! SHIIIIT
Oh well he might be good for us in league two next season........ok thats me bein negative...sorry

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: