Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4-5-1 for Town?  (Read 2344 times)
fatbury

« on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:40:16 »

Been having a good think about tactics and perhaps a 4-5-1 might be better for us.

With Rory up front alone and Roberts and Shakes or Curo out wide ?

Then we can have 3 central midfielders and keep possession more??

Plus give better cover to the centre backs.

I feel we need a new central mid with experience but the side would perhaps look like this??

Evans (when fit again!)
Jenkins O'Hanlon Ifil Nicholas
Shakes Migz (when fit) New Midfielder Pook Roberts
Fallon

What do u think? :|
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:41:28 »

An emphatic no from me!

We need to win games, not hope we can sneak draws.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:41:53 »

Bit harsh dropping the young keeper so quickly, I know he fucked up at the weekedn but he's played well.  I'd say he's a better option than Evans at the moment.

Not sure about the one up front, especially at home, we'd be like a toothless tiger, who's lost his voice.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:50:50 »

4-5-1, wank, wank, wank...
4-5-1, wank, wank, wank...

would be a waste if we only played 1 up front considering most of our squad are attacking players. like KT said, we need to win games, not try & sneak 1-0 wins on the counter attack. look what happened at walsall & tranmere.

our current defence is always prone to making mistakes whatever the formation, so we might as well go out with the attitute that no matter how many they score, we can always get 1 more. its just a shame none of our strikers are scoring at the moment (apart from rory).

i would like to see us play 4-3-3 with roberts, fallon & shakes all up front & not dropping wide.
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 10:51:42 »

I feel a diamond is necessary. A no-nonsense type in front of the defence, and Roberts behind the two up top.  The wide men can squeeze centrally when we're under the cosh, with the option of the good old fullback-winger link ups on the attack.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 11:53:33 »

How are we going to play a 4-5-1 system when we havent got 5 decent midfielders in the squad?.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:00:57 »

we played 4-5-1 and got 0 points and scored 0 goals, clearly a winning formation

As I keep saying Fallon & Roberts up top.
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:02:44 »

It wasnt played in the correct way tho DV ... Shakes and Roberts would in theory be wingers as much as midfielders ... almost a 4-3-3
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:04:44 »

Fuck off Fatbury!  4-5-1 means 5 defensive minded midfielders, and one poor isolated striker.  If we could manage a 4-5-1 ala Chelsea which is actually vaguely attacking it might work, but we can't, so we shouldn't, and better fucking won't!
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:07:09 »

I can see ive been shot down on this one!! :shock:
cannabiz

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:08:33 »

Games away to the likes of Swansea and other high flying teams then it may be an option.

It pisses me off enough about paying £23 but paying it to watch us going for a 0-0 at home with no other attacking option but a hoof to rory is not an option!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:09:53 »

King tried this....its what you do when Plan A doesn't work....trouble is with our sack of shit you could try anything you liked to no avail.

I've written this season off....I'll try very hard not to harp on the football stuff....and stick to the bollox.
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:10:34 »

who said anything about hoofs??

Its also an attacking 4-5-1 in the Chelsea style that i was suggesting!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:11:11 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
It wasnt played in the correct way tho DV ... Shakes and Roberts would in theory be wingers as much as midfielders ... almost a 4-3-3

Iit wasnt played in the correct way because we dont have a division two Makelele, Duff and Robben

No midfielder sat and won the ball, the wingers didnt push up enough at all ever
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 12:59:35 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Been having a good think about tactics and perhaps a 4-5-1 might be better for us.

With Rory up front alone and Roberts and Shakes or Curo out wide ?

Then we can have 3 central midfielders and keep possession more??

Plus give better cover to the centre backs.

I feel we need a new central mid with experience but the side would perhaps look like this??

Evans (when fit again!)
Jenkins O'Hanlon Ifil Nicholas
Shakes Migz (when fit) New Midfielder Pook Roberts
Fallon

What do u think? :|
NO!

If you were at Tranmere or Walsall you'd know why.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: