Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We Won't Go Down  (Read 2746 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 07:47:11 »

I truely believe that. Yes I was at MK yesterday and witnessed the terrible shambles we were in the second half but everyone seems to have forgot the first half where in my opinion we were good for our half time lead. With the players that Iffy had available to him I thought the line up was spot on and apart from a few errors at the back we pretty much had most of the play first half. So what happened at half time? Well my guess is Danny Wilson told his lot to beef things up a bit, get stuck in and don't let Swindon play the ball. This they done and simply we were out muscled and second to the ball each time. We really could have done with Gurney and Ifil on the pitch to be honest. Once they had equizalised there was only ever going to be one outcome. The players heads all dropped and without a leader on the pitch Iffy had pretty much no chance of sorting things. 2-1 down it got worse. Players like Fallon who were first class and chasing every ball seemed to have given up with the look of defeat all over the faces. I feel for Thorpe and Cureton as it would appear as they are being made scapegoats for simply not scoring goals. If they were missing sack loads of chances every game I would understand but seeing as most games they are only getting a couple of half chances it seems a tad unfair. These two will score goals but like all strikers they need that first one to get the confidence. Remember Fjortoft when he first joined?

With over 30 games left this season we can get out of this. We will get out of this. A win over Vale will at least close the gap and inspire a bit of confidence within the team. The long term damage done by King cannot bechanged in just a week. I'll be back at The CG on Saturday to get behind the boys again and give Iffy support in what could be his last in his tempory role. At least if its not or we do see a managerial change again what we do have is time. If we are bottom at Christmas then I promise to admit that this post was all bollocks. But we won't!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 09:35:40 »

Thats the spirit!
I know that fans from other clubs will think we are kidding ourselves, and many of our own fans will too, but I honestly think we are capable of getting out of this situation, and Iffy seems to have installed SOME confidence in the side. As long as we can get the first goal in a few more games, and have leaders on the pitch (which we will do soon with Seano and Gurney), then we have every chance of turning this around.

IT IS EARLY DAYS YET! There have been teams in the past that have gone from this kind of position to comfortable mid-table and beyond. Don't write us off yet!
Sussex

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 09:39:47 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Thats the spirit!
I know that fans from other clubs will think we are kidding ourselves, and many of our own fans will too, but I honestly think we are capable of getting out of this situation, and Iffy seems to have installed SOME confidence in the side. As long as we can get the first goal in a few more games, and have leaders on the pitch (which we will do soon with Seano and Gurney), then we have every chance of turning this around.

IT IS EARLY DAYS YET! There have been teams in the past that have gone from this kind of position to comfortable mid-table and beyond. Don't write us off yet!

That is very true, but your brother still needs a haircut.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 10:12:06 »

I don't think we'll beat Vale next week, they are 5th in the league.
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 10:15:47 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I don't think we'll beat Vale next week, they are 5th in the league.

Ditto. Re: haircut  Cheesy
kick_ass1987

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 10:23:56 »

I am normally very positive but i think that Franchise game was going to show us a lot about the team.....how much passion there was, how much they cared whether we got relegated or not..... and its the same story as everyweek..... one player wanted it (rory) and the rest couldnt give a shit... Mcdons wanted it more.... and they are now 1 point of being safe, where as we are 6 points from being safe...... we have to start playing football again like we were a couple of seasons back!!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 10:27:11 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
I am normally very positive but i think that Franchise game was going to show us a lot about the team.....how much passion there was, how much they cared whether we got relegated or not..... and its the same story as everyweek..... one player wanted it (rory) and the rest couldnt give a shit... Mcdons wanted it more.... and they are now 1 point of being safe, where as we are 6 points from being safe...... we have to start playing football again like we were a couple of seasons back!!
Absolute bollox - they were gutted.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 11:32:56 »

I wasnt going to post this before. But Jack Smith and Pook looked like they were going to cry after we lost to Donny. They were devastated too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 12:18:20 »

We're going down easily, if we play like that no fighting spirt what so ever.
Melksham Red

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 12:31:25 »

We are as good as relegated. Even Mourinho couldn't save us with this bunch of players. They are all fucking shit. Fair enough they put in the effort (apart from Collins, Thorpe and Cureton) but the fact is they are not good enough. The blame lies with the board. High ticket pricing leading to falling gates = no money for players and the budget being slashed by a further £200,000. No club can stay up in those circumstances. The scary thing is I doubt we could hold our own in League 2. But fuck it, i'll still be there every week.

Bring on the Oxford.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 12:34:33 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"

Bring on the Oxford.

I hate playing Oxford.

Fans are pure thugs and if we lose, all i hear for the next year is their thugish fans talking shit.
Melksham Red

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 12:37:50 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Quote from: "Melksham Red"

Bring on the Oxford.

I hate playing Oxford.

Fans are pure thugs and if we lose, all i hear for the next year is their thugish fans talking shit.

That's all right, i'm a thug aswell.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 12:39:57 »

Thats fair enough but it's not nice to go to a football match and worry that your 51 year old dad will get attacked by their scum fans.  I hate playing them.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 12:56:41 »

we're not going down! i'll be more worried if we are still near the bottom at christmas. come on town!  Beers
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 2, 2005, 16:04:43 »

We won't go down no way,We WILL pick up soon and get bagging points I know it.Iffys only managed 2 games so far and I've already seen a bit of improvement and thats something to build on.Keep the faith!

RED ARMY
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: