Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale  (Read 7169 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:14:34 »

I am sure many of you read the Thisis site, in fact I know many of you do, so you may have seen my decent into happy dilerium yesterday.  It seems I've only gone and got all positive about life.

Well, there was a post by louavo suggesting we put some effort in for the Port Vale game and I got carried away.  Yesterday I placed a suggestion before the Trust and Supporters Club about really pushing for some sort of event and theme for the Port Vale game, a sort of new start with Iffy in charge.  A way for us supporters to do something positive for the club as we can't just keep harping on about what could and couldn't be done to solve things.

I'm meeting to discuss the ideas tonight and hopefully we can get the Adver on board as well as the club.

What I can say is that the overiding theme will be the colour Red and creating a bit noise and fun for the day.  So, with what little you know so far, try your darndest to drag extra people along and make them wear Red and make them shout and sing.

I'm guessing that the everyday fan will in fact have plenty of their own ideas on how to spice the place up, so take that Red theme and do with it what you may - Wigs, Dressing up as Father Christmas, All Body Painting ala Tango Man (but you'll have to be Red Man).

Get the ball rolling lads, see how far we can take it.  Wouldn't it be great if we could just all put an effort in at exactly the same game.  I'll work with the Supporters group ect to try and get this organised as well and in the media.

Come along to MK as well, and we can have two parties!
land_of_bo

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:17:09 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I am sure many of you read the Thisis site, in fact I know many of you do, so you may have seen my decent into happy dilerium yesterday.  It seems I've only gone and got all positive about life.

Well, there was a post by louavo suggesting we put some effort in for the Port Vale game and I got carried away.  Yesterday I placed a suggestion before the Trust and Supporters Club about really pushing for some sort of event and theme for the Port Vale game, a sort of new start with Iffy in charge.  A way for us supporters to do something positive for the club as we can't just keep harping on about what could and couldn't be done to solve things.

I'm meeting to discuss the ideas tonight and hopefully we can get the Adver on board as well as the club.

What I can say is that the overiding theme will be the colour Red and creating a bit noise and fun for the day.  So, with what little you know so far, try your darndest to drag extra people along and make them wear Red and make them shout and sing.

I'm guessing that the everyday fan will in fact have plenty of their own ideas on how to spice the place up, so take that Red theme and do with it what you may - Wigs, Dressing up as Father Christmas, All Body Painting ala Tango Man (but you'll have to be Red Man).

Get the ball rolling lads, see how far we can take it.  Wouldn't it be great if we could just all put an effort in at exactly the same game.  I'll work with the Supporters group ect to try and get this organised as well and in the media.

Come along to MK as well, and we can have two parties!

I don't like hip hop  Sad
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:26:28 »

Keep us informed RT, England are playing after us too, so if it all kicks off it could be a great day - I'm going to have a spare ticket again for this one too as my dad will be on holiday.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:30:32 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Keep us informed RT, England are playing after us too, so if it all kicks off it could be a great day - I'm going to have a spare ticket again for this one too as my dad will be on holiday.

Give it to the person who comes up with the most imaginitive, yet legal, way of using Red for the match!  Start a thread offering it.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:40:18 »

Awww i was gonna ask if I could have it!!  Oops
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:41:27 »

Ill be wearing my Red home shirt!
land_of_bo

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:42:02 »

me 2 - think I have some red jeans somewhere!
land_of_bo

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:42:37 »

Could we get some sort of red dye to spray the pitch with?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:44:29 »

http://thetownend.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105923#105923

Cool
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:53:49 »

So anyhow, I take it there will be some of you heading back to the Merlin after the game to watch England?
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 09:56:15 »

Yep looks like a Merlin pre and post game for this one .. what time is the Port Vale game kicking off tho?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 10:00:25 »

13:00
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 10:04:05 »

Perfect then!!  Beers
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 10:30:58 »

I am going to the game and bringing two people who don't normally go.
fatbury

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 29, 2005, 10:32:35 »

Im hoping the two I bring with me who dont usually go at MK will go again after our fantastic away display!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: