Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Donny Reaction  (Read 3236 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 08:12:32 »

OK first of all I missed the first 20 minutes because of an accident on the M1, we moved off the M1 to get on the A5 for a bit, unfortunately as soon as we did that there was an accident on the A5, all this means that I can't comment on the beginning of the game.

Anyway, same old story really, Ifil to me looked about as bad as could be, we didn't get the ball out to the wide areas quick enough, and no-one is willing to take responsibility for a shot.

That said getting something from the game was always going to be tricky, Iffy's only had a day's training so far.

Roberts looked very up for it when he came on and almost made the difference with his up tempo approach.

On to Donny - I really think we need to take a leaf out of their book, every time we were on the ball two or three players immediately swarmed round the man in possession and as a result we got absolutely no-where.  This worked against us because we aren't very good, so I recommend that against the likes of MK, Port Vale, Chesterfield etc we try to do that - it was simply impossible for us to move the ball around effectively.

They weren't as good as they were last season, of that I am in no doubt whatsoever, but they got out on the pitch and worked as a unit, which of course paid off.

On to MK, I can see this one being a little more open, which should suit us a bit more - someone must shhot though.

ps.  Fallon nearly scored a wonderful overhead kick - unfortunately the keeper managed to tip it around the post.
Asher

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 08:19:31 »

Agreed
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 08:24:24 »

seconded.

also i thought first half Thorpe looked up for it aswell.
Chasing the keeper down and plenty of work rate

santini

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:01:09 »

Gave the ball away far too much after working hard to get it in the first place. Ifil and Collins kept slicing it into the crowd. Distribution from the back was a problem all night.

Shakes needs the ball beyond their back line in to space for him to use his pace but got very little. Nothing down the channels for him and Fallon to get on to. Looked more effective later when he ran at them from a deeper position. Good defensive cover and chasing down too.

Where were the crosses for Fallon?? We saw how well he used them on Saturday!

Bright spots were Fallon and O'Hanlon and the team's fighting spirit in the second half - so close to an equaliser near the end. Great to see mananger and coaches on the pitch encouraging players at the end too. Cureton looked very sharp.

Thorpe missed a sitter in loads of space early on and looked half asleep most of the time. McDermott did nothing of significance. Collins was shocking and his time is surely up. Heath disappointed.

Time to send back loans that don't add anything and stop our own players developing.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:05:57 »

Why wasnt Nicholas playing?? He supplied excellent crosses at the weekend.

Why is Heath playing left wing when he cant play there??

Why didnt Roberts or Heath start up front instead of Thorpe?

Why was Collins at Right back???

WHY Huh? Sad
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:11:10 »

I thought it was an odd game, for starters the whole thingy seemed to be played right up the other end so I couldnt see it very well.

My 10-20 minutes we were proper under the kosh, we couldnt get out our half for a while, and oddly against all odds we didnt concede then, then came back into the game a bit.

Their goal, to me anyway came a bit out of no where, there bloked picked it then ran past everyone at light speed!!!

Second half we were better and created some chances, again not enough crosses coming in and no one wanting to shoot. Final ball aside I thought we just about did enough for a draw, then again I dont really know how close our chances actually were.

Oddly, despite the fact I think we played alright, no one stuck out as being amazing tonight. Ifil and Collins were a bit below par, and their distribution was awful.

I thought Pook and McDermott did alright in the middle considering they've both played less games than Magic's had pies!!

The best bit though, was the fact with 10 minutes to go only a goal behind we were still fighting for it, we were still pushing forward, we were still attacking. It seemed under King anything less than 20 to go one goal behind it never looked like we could have got back into it, we didnt roll over and die we kept going and Iffy took a gamble playing as many forward as he did, but I think it was a gamble worth taking.

The support was fantastic.

Donny fans win the mega muppet award for the chant of 'where's your manager gone?' well we sacked him because he was shite!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:12:40 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

WHY Huh? Sad

We've seen in the past that if you rush Nicho back and play too many games too soon then it does him no good.

Collins played because no Gurney or Jenks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:15:37 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

Having played next to no football, do you think he could handle two games in a week, plus he is just back from injury. We all remember what happened last season

He played well there against Tranmere

Ggave Thorpe a chance. We all know he's had beef with King, clean slate

Because we have no one else?
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:17:03 »

Ok fair answers .. but I expect Nico back in for Saturday .. OR ELSE  
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:31:36 »

i was looking forward to collins being dropped when we had a fully fit defensive unit, but now gurney & ifil are suspended it looks like he'll have to stay in the team.

i would like to see comyn-platt given a chance. he looked good against wycombe.

a back 4 of... smith - ohanlon - comyn-platt - nicholas... would be nice on sat please iffy  Cool
santini

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:44:14 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
i was looking forward to collins being dropped when we had a fully fit defensive unit, but now gurney & ifil are suspended it looks like he'll have to stay in the team.

i would like to see comyn-platt given a chance. he looked good against wycombe.

a back 4 of... smith - ohanlon - comyn-platt - nicholas... would be nice on sat please iffy  Cool

Agree. No Ifil or Gurney because of suspension. Collins should be sent back. The key is a realisation that Smith is a right footed back or wing back so use him on the right if Nicho is fit and playing well.
Looks like this could be Comyn-Platt's opening too.
I 8 Razor

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:58:41 »

c-platt can do no worse than collins or gurney, give him a game iffy.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 13:11:50 »

I tend to agree, id like to see CCP given a game
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 14:01:35 »

Id sooner give Lapham a chance at Right Back than that useless fuck Collins.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 14:08:39 »

Lapham and Platt were stood with us on the terraces-they both look about 14!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: