Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 50 years ago......  (Read 2316 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:16:42 »

......was the last time we propped up this league, after a significant number of games

OK we got relegated from it in 81/82, but were top after ten games and only  went 3rd bottom late in the season...only lost 20 games.

In 55/56 we had to apply for re-election....but Bert Head was apointed boss, given time and he started us off on a generally upward curve.

This I would consider the lowest I've felt in 40+ years of support.....in the close season I said I was dreading this season as it was obvious King starved of resources was not going to be able, even with his talents of getting a competitive side........

Can we make it 0% football and 105% bollocks until the World Cup?
kick_ass1987

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:24:46 »

Christ man, your showing your age arent you..... you are one of those old people "back when i was a boy" were the balls round in those times??
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:27:09 »

Kickass takes on Reg.

I like it Cool

/
W56196272
kick_ass1987

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:31:02 »

Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:31:29 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
Christ man, your showing your age arent you..... you are one of those old people "back when i was a boy" were the balls round in those times??

I'm loving this.. 105% bollocks post...can I play you at darts.....its one of life's oddities, that the more pissed I get the more accurate the arrows.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:32:43 »

yeah how does that work?? that seems to happen with everyone.... ah well... how about i play you totally sober, or pissed... im not fussed Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:40:50 »

I played a good game recently......which had a cricket theme, the rules were a bit complex, but seemed to involve hitting the 25 or bull....when you were bowling and trebles when batting....which was OK.

It was good fun.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:43:14 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I played a good game recently......which had a cricket theme, the rules were a bit complex, but seemed to involve hitting the 25 or bull....when you were bowling and trebles when batting....which was OK.

It was good fun.

I have played that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:43:45 »

keep the faith !!  don't think of us as being bottom, more as leading from behind !   lets at least give the Iffster a while to see what he can do, if we lose all the away games by 1 goal but win all the home games i'll be more than happy.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:43:55 »

yeah i know that, sounds like u played it slightly different,.... we play the batter has 11 wickets.... for the bowler to get a wicket he had to hit a 25, and a bull for 2.... to bat all u need to do is score as much as you can.... anything over 40 counts.... so if you score 85.... you get 45 runs..... etc.. and play until the batter has lost all wickets
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:48:31 »

yeah i know that, sounds like u played it slightly different,.... we play the batter has 11 wickets.... for the bowler to get a wicket he had to hit a 25, and a bull for 2.... to bat all u need to do is score as much as you can.... anything over 40 counts.... so if you score 85.... you get 45 runs..... etc.. and play until the batter has lost all wickets

That sounds about right.....I said it was complex....hitting the trebles I could understand as a good way of scoring points...although not strictly necessary.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:49:28 »

ahhh same way then.... whats your least amount of darts, with 401 and 501, (double finish of course)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:57:01 »

ahhh same way then.... whats your least amount of darts, with 401 and 501, (double finish of course)

I have played for my local, but strictly on a making up the numbers basis..this would be in the Old Town darts league.

I've never really kept count......I ent Ted Hankey.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 21:59:27 »

I have played for my local, but strictly on a making up the numbers basis..this would be in the Old Town darts league.

I see what you've done there!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 22:05:41 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"

I see what you've done there!

I thank you
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: