Poll
Question: Happy?  (Voting closed: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:36:47)
Happy - 22 (57.9%)
Agrieved? - 16 (42.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We seem quite divided.  (Read 5388 times)
fatbury

« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 13:51:02 »

They werent suggestions  - i was just throwing ideas around... if we cant get someone revolutionary like Sir Clive (and i know its a long shot!) then only one man in there for me .. LOU MACARI!

Steve White was a rumour i heard about 2 weeks ago
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 14:47:16 »

imagine if we got fjortoft in as manager! now that would be good.

please not clive woodward, thats even worse than tinnion!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 14:52:47 »

Sad for King, I don't hate or even dislike him. It was just obvious that he didn't know how to change things this time.

Happy that we won't have the poisonous atmosphere in the ground, and that the crowd may, even if only for a short time pull together and get behind the team.

I'd love to see Macari back, but I don't think its going to happen.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 14:53:19 »

I'm surprised to say the least that Onoura has actually been appointed as usually only playing legends at a club are given their first job by their club ala Stuart Pearce, Brian Tinnion etc.  I'm willing to give him a chance, but I'm a bit concerned at the youth of our coaching staff.  Perhaps a Steve Coppell-type figure will be brought in to guide Onoura?

I think a change was needed, and if this is the best we can afford so be it.  We've got a bunch of fuckwits in charge of this club and times are grim.  It's going to be a long season, but now surely the priority must be staying up and getting the fans back.  Appointing a coach with no Assistant Manager or Managerial experience will not entice the anti-King brigade back to the County Ground.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 14:55:26 »

He was assistant at Walsall I belive.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 14:59:14 »

Brilliant  :|

Mind you, am I right in thinking King had only managed Mansfield before us for a couple of seasons?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:01:08 »

You are indeed.

Iffy might completely suprise us and turn out to be a tactical genious.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:16:28 »

with any luck

Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:40:42 »

I'm not too concerned about Iffy's lack of experience. Neither Macari nor Hoddle had any management experience before they came to Swindon and they both did OK.

Of course, it can go wrong too. Adams, Tinnion etc...

Overall, I think it was time for a change. Useless fact for today: King was the 9th longest serving manager outside the Premiership.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 15:58:39 »

im not annoyed, but not happy really.

this a huge gamble, and it has to pay off!
Dazzza

« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 16:14:47 »

I’m pleased he’s gone and despite circumstances looking tentatively forward to a new era.

In all honesty I had hoped for an experienced man to come in rather than look to an internal appointment more so considering the state of the squad and league position we're in.  

At the end of the day if finances are that restricted then out of the three Amigos Iffy was certainly my top choice.  Plus there is the age old adage that any ‘experienced’ manager would have only been sacked previously elsewhere.  Even big Lou who would have been a welcome return was sacked at Huddersfield without managing to achieve anything on more resources than he’d ever find here.

In terms of a new man without experience coming in you couldn’t hope for much more than Onura.  He comes across as articulate, intelligent and at least sounds like he knows what he’s talking about, which will make a nice change.  Plus he has the advantage of knowing the squad from a coaching perspective their capabilities, personalities etc.

It would be advantageous to allow him to appoint his own number two if he is going to be a permanent appointment.  Preferably an experienced coach to provide some much needed know-how.

Onwards and upwards.....

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 20:43:51 »

I feel for him but I think it was the right time for him to go.

Not sure about Iffy, but I'll give him 100% backing, with the finance problems we have we can't afford anyone from the outside for the time being anyway.

I expect a big performance from the players tomorrow night now, especially some who haven't delivered yet this season.
DH

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2005, 20:27:24 »

Of course I'll support Iffy & of course I want the Town to do well.  But it was a huge ask of Andy King who had good contacts, an eye for a good player & worked harder than possibly any other manager in the league.

Hopefully Iffy can achieve miracles, but that's what it'll be.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: